Packing Up (part II)

With Grace resting on the couch and Braixen sitting at her feet keeping her company, Miette had to sleep on the floor beside Serena's bed tonight. Serena insisted that Miette and her switch places, but Miette persistently declined.

Serena pulled the blue ribbon out of her hair and placed it under her pillow. She laid on her back and stared into the night sky while Miette laid on a blanket with her attention completely on her phone.

Serena's luggage was packed and ready to go. All that awaits them is the day of the flight next week.

-

Serena reaches over to her bed side table for her tablet and checked for the time.

10:59 PM

"When we get there," Serena started grabbing Miette's attention, "What's the first thing we're going to do?"

Miette looked up at her, "I'm going to visit that one popular coffee shop, I thought you wanted to find Ash?"

Serena smiled at the thought of finding Ash again, like how she did when he came to Kalos a year ago.
"I do, but I want to explore the region first!" Serena's eyes were fixated on the brightest star she could see.
"I want to unwind in Alola, and then relax with Ash soon after. I don't want him to see me stressed."

"Stressed? You've been jolly and bubbly all week." Miette says.

"That's because I'm excited for our vacation. But lately, I'm always wondering if he even wants to see me, or if he even has a girlfriend in Alola." Serena replied, "the Alola Trainer's School has to have at least some female trainers too, right?"

"Listen, if I can't interest Ash by straight up flirting with him, I doubt anyone else can" Miette laughs.
"And as dense as he is, it's not like he doesn't want to see you again, I'm sure he'd love to see an old friend again!"

"Old friend..." Serena mumbled.

"Yeah, old friend. But when we get there, you can expect to be his new girlfriend!"
Miette tried to cheer her up, but her poor choice of words seemed to only worsened the issue.
"Wait! I mean-"

"I know what you mean, but its like you said. Ash is dense."

Miette sat up, "What else did I say?"
She asked. "From the night we watched the Naruto movie?"

Serena also sits up and turns toward Miette.
"...I don't remember, what?"

"Ash is dense, but the only one that can crack him is you."

Serena looks out her window again.
"I can barely leave a dent in him." She chuckles.

"Maybe, but you'll find a way.~" Miette puts her phone on the floor beside her pillow and lays down with her hands behind her head.
"You and your mom seem to have a thing for impenetrable walls." She laughs.

Serena giggles.

"Oh! Serena!" Miette called.

"Yes?"

"Your mom! What if she's not feeling better by the time we're off?" Miette asks.

Serena thought for a long moment, "I don't know, honestly,"

"Can't she come with us?"

"I already asked her, she said she can't leave the ryhorn ranch." Serena answered.

"If anything, I can stay here and watch your mom," Miette suggests.

"What? No! I mean, this is your vacation too!"