Running Late (part I)

The day has come for Serena's and Miette's vacation, the two of them start the morning at Serena's house frantically getting all of their things together. They made sure to double-check everything so that nothing important got left behind. Miette left Slurpuff to care for Serena's mother just before they left the house and set off for Lumiose City.

Despite the few clouds in the afternoon sky, the sun shone brightly above their heads as the excitedly made their way to the airport. Serena wore her old everyday outfit from when she traveled with Ash, Clemont, and Bonnie. Although she kept the same black tank top under a pick short dress, she left off the red open top that covered the dress. The black knee-high socks and long brown boots remained the same, all that was missing was the blue ribbon she used to wear around her neck. The ribbon was too small to wear anywhere else other than her hair to keep tied up.

Miette ditched her old blue baker's outfit back when she used to make Serena jealous by flirting with Ash, but she kept the same old blue shorts amd white tube socks. She replaced her top with an even darker shaded blue long sleeve tee, her shoes were black running shoes with orange details along some of the edges, and on top of her head was the same light blue beanie from  weeks before.

They both chatted nonstop until they reached the airport. The atmosphere inside the terminal felt fast paced. People zipped through, over, and across the building like busy combees.

"Alright!" Miette smiled at Serena, "I'm going to check us in. I'll take your bag, wanna get us some coffee?~"

"Mm-kay!~" Serena sang.

Miette handed her a few dollars to pay for their drinks. Serena took the money and left Miette at the baggage weigh-in counter and started her way down the long stretch of the terminal aisle. On the other side of the building was a food court. Neon signs and various lighting distinguish each different venue.

Kalos Pizza, Anistarbucks - Home of the Anistar Roast coffee, Pancit Kanto, Unova-Subs, Lysandre Café, Café Soleil, SinnohSushi, Johto Wild Wings, and Wulfric's Spiced. Wulfric is the Ice-type gym leader of the Snowbelle City Gym, but he has a burning passion for heat. He loves to craft new experimental beverages, here you will find drinks from cinnamon spiced apple cider served hot, or spiced alcoholic beverages sereved ice cold. The most popular among the adults is his signature cinnamon tequila, but it is also the most expensive.

Serena marveled at the all of the different lights and smells. The noticeable reoccurrence in coffee shops would make it easy for any newcomer to know that they were currently in Lumiose City.

She walked to the end of the aisle just passed Lysandre Café and into Anistarbucks. In the corner of the coffee shop sat a girl with darker skin than Serena's. Her hair was brown, she wore a pink tee-shirt, and from under the table Serena could see her blue jean shorts. The girl seemed to be reading something on her smartphone until she looked up and saw Serena staring at right at her.

"Serena!?~" The girl called.

"Shauna! It's been a while!" Serena smiled.

"I know! Like, how many months?-Oh whatever, what are you doing here?"

"I'm actually going on vacation!" Serena chuckled.

"Vacation? Knowing you, I thought you would've been practicing some new routine." Shauna laughed.

"Ye-ah, haven't got any new ideas," Serena chuckled nervously, "I'm actually going with Miette to visit her cousin in Alola!"

"Alola? Isn't that where Ash went?" Shauna's question made Serena blush brightly.

"Uhh, is it..?" Serena said, "I guess I might've forgot!" She smiled.

Shauna stood up from her chair and placed ger hands on the table. "Mm-hm, I'm sure you did.~" she teased.