Running Late (part II)

Time seemed to pass by ever so slowly on the plane. It's only been five hours into the flight, but it felt like a day had passed already. Serena started to nap around the first hour of the flight, but once she woke up, she looked out of Miette's window and saw that the sun was gone. She also found that Miette had fallen asleep at some point during a movie, from how it looks on the screen on the back of the chair in front of her, it was another romantic anime. Its a movie Serena's seen before also, where the characters switch bodies everyday.

"What if Ash and I switched bodies... What would I see that Ash would see normally everyday?" She mumbled to herself.

Curiously, she looked over to the seat next to her. It was empty. She began to wonder some more.
"Was seeing Shauna a dream too?"

At that moment, Shauna walks back up the aisle and into her seat. "You're finally awake!" Shauna giggled. "I was worried I was gonna be the only one awake at this time." She smiled.

Serena looked around the airplane, Shauna wasn't kidding when she said 'only one awake.' Its like everyone on the plane just stopped functioning, there was not an open eye in sight.

"How much longer do you think it'll be until we reach Alola?" Serena asked curiously.

"Just a few more hours, we should be able to make it by ten o'clock tonight.~"

"What a relief." Serena sighed. "I'm not really used to sitting in one spot for extended periods of time." She laughed.

Shauna giggled at her, "Yeah, you and Ash used to travel all the time, I get why you're so uncomfortable to be here."

Serena smiled, "Him and I did travel almost everywhere in Kalos." She seemed to forget all about the fact that Clemont and Bonnie were there with them too, but all her focus was on Ash. "We've been through a lot of crazy adventures.~"

"Which ones do you wanna share with me?" Shauna winked at her.

"Where do I even begin?" Serena blushed at the thought of Ash and the moments they had together alone. Her facial expressions began to shift between happy, sad, angry, and worried. "Ash can be really reckless at times, but somehow it always works out in the end."

"What do you mean by that?" Shauna asked now completely interested in her story.

"Do you remember his pokemon, Goodra? The day he found him at the top of a hill, it was still just a little Goomy, dehydrated and weak.

At the bottom of the hill was a stream. Ash carried Goomy down the hill, but he tripped on a rock and they both went flying through the air. I watched horrified as he fell, but then I noticed he embraced Goomy before he let it hit the rocks by the stream. He crash landed into the water, but he seemed to be okay. The way he puts pokemon ahead of himself is amazing, but its when his life is in danger that I rather him be safe than a pokemon. Is that mean?"

"Not really, you care for Ash a lot. It's only natural!" Shauna answers.

"Thanks. There was also a time when he jumped into a volcano to save his other pokemon Talonflame..."

"Oh yeah! Trevor told me all about it! That was when he was battling off the legendary pokemon, Moltres, right?" Shauna asked. "It's still so amazing how many adventures and all the sights you two got to see!"

"Yeah, he is pretty amazing. And its not just pokemon than he puts ahead of himself, remember the time at Professor Sycamore's Summer Camp where he and I were at the bottom of the cliff?" Serena giggled.

"Yeah, how'd that even happen?"

"Well, I was running and couldn't see the drop, then the ground crumbled at my feet and I started sliding down the cliff. Although Ash didn't have to, he took my hand to help me keep my balance, he ended up twisting me ankle 'cause of that. Honestly, I would've been fine down there alone, but he reacted, got himself hurt, and there we were."