The Second Day

Alolan sunlight peered through the bedroom window hitting the eyelids of a sleeping pokemon trainer.

*~yawn~*

".....Ughhh," she mumbled, "It's only the second day of school and I'm already sick of it."

*Thump* *Thump*

It sounds like someone's footsteps on the wood floors of the room.

"Bounce?"

"Five more minutes, Bounsweet." She replied. The bounsweet launched itself into the air and landed on her face.

"Ow!!!~ Dammit Bounsweet! What the f-" Before she continued, she remembered what today was, "Oh!! Today's the day of the field trip! You're coming with me today, Bouncy!" She declared. What once was dread and loathing was now excitement and eagerness.

She jumped out of bed with nothing on but underwear. Bounsweet noticed, and burried itself under her warm blankets until she got dressed. From where Bounsweet was, it could hear the muffled sounds of what seemed to be zippers.

She put on her pink shirt and short-shorts, and pulled her overall straps over her shoulders.
"You can come out now!" She giggled, Mallow checks the clock by her door, "Aww, we're not gonna have enough time to eat this morning,"

"Bounsee-see!" Bounsweet replies happily.

"Oh well! We can eat later, now we gotta go!" Mallow makes her way down the wooden stairs, "Mo-om, Da- huh?"

She and Bounsweet came across a letter on the kitchen counter, it read:

Mallow,

Your father and I are opening early again today, there's an important person coming to our restaurant! The umbrella is by the fridge, I hope you know what forecast for later is, be safe and have a good day at school!

-Love, Mom

"Again? I didn't even see them come home last night." Mallow's disappointed tone worried Bounsweet, "And why would I need an umbrella on a sunny day like this?" She inhaled and reassured her pokemon, "C'mon, Bouncy! I'll carry you!" She smiled. Bounsweet then hopped into her chest where Mallow caught her.

"Right! We're not gonna need the umbrella, if it rains today, we dance it it! Let's go, if we don't hurry now, they all might leave without us!"

She picked her bag off the dining room chair and made her way to school with the pink pokemon in her arms.

Meanwhile

"Ari-ight!" Ash leaped straight out of bed, "You're coming with me today Pikachu!"

"Pika-Pika!"

Ash was ready for today's field trip to begin, he planned out his clothes the night before so he dressed himself at lightspeed. Smiling as he ran down the stairs, there lay a note for him on the dining table too.

Ash,

I'm off to the marketplace! The professor emailed me all about your field trip today, you and Pikachu have fun! Stay safe! There's a cold water bottle for you in the refrigerator, and don't forget to wear sunscreen, also, bring a jac-

The letter she left was more like a to-do list, he stopped reading about halfway through. "Haha, Mom does tend to go overboard doesn't she, Pikachu?" Ash laughed.

"Pika!" Pikachu cried in agreement.

Ash ran out of the house before his pokemon could catch up, he ran fast enough that a gust of wind kicked his mom's letter up and onto the floor, and on the other side of the paper seemed to be a continuation of her to-do list, "Aha! Let's go then!"