Chapter Three- Sleep With One Eye Open

The man dragged me into a small, secluded bedroom, with only a bed and a modern dresser, keeping the door open behind him. He reached behind my back and untied my hands. I immediately felt relief as the blood pumped through my veins in my hands. They tingled at first, and then gained their normal feeling.

Giving me the okay, the man let me sit on the king-sized bed. Making myself comfortable, I noticed the man throwing me a pair of jean shorts and a large black tee.

“Put it on,” He commanded. “I’ll be back with the guys soon.” The man closed the door behind him as I was suddenly left to myself. Realizing this, I fumbled around in my pockets and took my phone out. I figured I could’ve called someone to get the hell out of here, but the zero bars on my phone told me I had no signal in this dump.

“Dang it,” I mumbled and threw my phone on the bed out of anger.

As told, I slipped off my other clothes and placed the tight jean shorts on. I studied the large black shirt, holding it in front of me. “This is too big. . .” I just shook it off and put the shirt on.

Just in time, the guys walked in, a pair of pants and another shirt also in their hands. “Well hi, ya guys.”

Danny and Andy just nod their heads at me, mumbling a soft “Hey” while Oli just came at me with a big bear hug, squeezing me tightly against him. “Umm . . .” I say, slowly putting my arms around his waist.

He pulls away hastily, “Sorry, Jane.”

I shook my head, “Don’t apologize . . .” My arms fall back to my sides as I plop down onto the stiff bed. I did not expect Oliver to do that. Never has he showed me any real feelings toward me.

I casually watch the three put on their baggy clothes, first stripping down to their boxers. Damn, they’re all sexy, I thought. Hard to choose who I like. But who cares? I would just rather figure a way to get out of here.

As soon as we were all dressed, Andy and Oliver sat on either side of me, while Danny made himself comfortable on the floor below us for whatever reason.

“We need to get outta here,” Danny says, lighting up a cigarette that he took out of his pocket. Smoke filled up the room.

“Well, duh!” I comment irritably, biting my lip.

Danny just sighs.

“Hey, Danny, is it alright if I have a cig?” Andy asks.

“Same here, dude!” Oliver adds.

“Yeah, sure.” Danny takes out a couple cigarettes and lights them up for the two rockers.

I frown, as the three puffs on their cigs. “Am I the only one who doesn’t want lung cancer?”

“Yeah,” The three speak in unison.

I roll my eyes.

“Well maybe it’s ‘cause you’re a girl,” Danny says, taking off the sunglasses he’s been wearing this whole time. Why he never took them off before, I will never know.

“Is that a sexist joke, or something, Danny?” I ask, glaring.

He just chuckles, smoke filing out of his nose.

“No, seriously. Girls smoke, too.”

Danny gets up on his knees and meets me face to face, his hands on my thighs, smoke and alcohol lingering on his breath. “Babe, don’t worry. I’m just playing around. Don’t get your panties in a wad, love.”

“Don’t call me “love” or “babe”,” I say, pushing his hands off my thighs, causing him to stumble back onto the floor. “And act a little bit more mature. I’m not really in the mood for this kind of shit.”

Danny just stares, confused. “Ah, alrighty then.”

The other guys just burst out laughing. I look intently at them, puzzled,but yet serious. “What is so funny, you two?”

Before I could get an answer, the door burst open without warning. The old man appeared in the doorway. I was finally able to see what he looked like. The man looked like he was in his mid-30’s, mildly chubby with wavy, dark brown hair to his chin and had a slight scruffiness on his chin. He was wearing a loose, black, button-up t-shirt and khaki’s. In my opinion, he wasn’t all that attractive for his age. He looked like he lived no life whatsoever.

“What you guys laughing about, eh?” He growled.

I decided to speak up, “How about you tell us what the hell we are here for and what your name is?”

The man stepped up to me and got in my face, smells of aftershave and alcohol enduring. I backed up a tad, hesitant. “Aye, my name is Robert. But I don’t plan on telling ya what you’re here for. You wouldn’t like it one bit.” Robert’s rough hands started to caress my face, admiring my plump lips. Before he could even think of kissing me, or whatever he was planning on doing, I spit right in his eye.

Immediately, he punched me directly on the bridge of my nose, “You stupid bitch!” Robert hissed, holding his hand over his eye, “I’ll be back, y’all.” He slammed the door behind him.

I instantaneously started to cry as I fell back on the bed. The pain in my nose was excruciatingly horrible. I held my finger up to my nostril and noticed the blood that was now on the tip of my finger. “Damn it . . .” I whimpered.

All three guys quickly came to my help. Oliver brought me into his arms, Andy caressed my hair with his comforting touch, and Danny examined my nose. When Danny barely touched the bridge of my nose, I muffled a scream.

“Son of a bitch.” He whispered. “He broke your nose.”

I could feel blood drip down. Andy wiped it away from my lips, carefully avoiding my nose. I began to sob even more, snot mixing in with the blood that continued to ooze.

Minutes go by as the guys mumble curse words about Robert, comforting me at the same time, while tears continue to fall and the pain increases in my nose. I wanted Lee and I wanted to see the rest of my family back in England. I missed them all. I mean, who knows were Lee was, along with all of the other guys from the other bands.

I wanted the hell out of here.