Chapter Nine- It Was Preordained, That We Should Part..

I was hanging out in the bathroom, staring at myself in the mirror. My eyes were tearing up, my long blonde hair becoming frizzy, and my face red and splotchy. I threw my hands on the counter in such a frustrated manner. There was no way I could decide being with Oli or with Andy. I liked them both so much. Besides, I’ve liked Oliver way longer than I have Andy. After that kiss with Oli, though, I just wasn’t sure. To be honest, I still really like him. I like them both.

A high pitched ring interrupted my thoughts, quickly stopping after one ring. I heard a faint, “Hello?” Andy.

Long pause. “Jane? Someone from England is calling you. Family emergency?”

My heart skipped a beat. Mom. Before we left for the American tour a couple months ago, mine and Lee’s mom was having heart problems. If she died . . .

I threw the door open, not caring if I looked horrible. My hand snatched the phone away from Andy, putting it to my ear. Andy wrapped his arm around me snugly as we sat on the bed.

“Jane? Honey, is this you?” Dad.

“Dad! What’s going on? I haven’t heard from you in a while and neither has Lee.” I say, a tad bit worried.

“Jane . . . Your mother has just passed away an hour ago . . .” He mumbled solemnly. I heard a sniffle on the other end of the phone.

Heart sinking, a tear wielded up in my eye, “H-How?”

“Heart failure. All that smoking took a toll on her heart . . . I’m so sorry, baby.” Dad answers.

My hands shook.

“Your grandparents and I would like you and the band to come back to England for the funeral in a few days. You, Oli, and Lee can stay with us ‘til you go back on tour.”

“O-Okay . . . When would you like us to be there, Dad?” I ask, a tear fell down my cheek. In the corner of my eye, I noticed Andy’s expression become struck with grief. I have to leave him . . .

“Can you make it here in a couple days? Today’s Friday, so can you be here Sunday?” He pleaded.

“Yeah . . . We’ll be there. Well, I gotta go. I love you, Dad.”

“Love you, too, sweetheart,” He hung up.

As soon as I put the phone back on the bed, I threw myself into Andy’s arms. “I really don’t wanna go, Andy,” I whimpered, “but I miss my Mum so much. I c-can’t believe she passed away yesterday . . .’

Andy kissed my lightly on the top of my head. “I’m so sorry, love.”

I nod slightly, I bury deeper into his chest. “Can you call Oli for me? He should be with my brother Lee right now. Tell them the news?”

“Will do.” Andy picked up my phone and dialed Oliver’s number.

I pretty much ignored the conversation. I really didn’t want to hear Lee’s and Oliver’s reaction through the phone. Oliver was also close with my mum. He would always talk one-on-one with her about his personal life. It seemed they had lots in common. Both of my parents liked him when Lee brought him home from school his senior year, when I was a junior.