ten

>>>
"she okay?"

"yeah," romeo nodded.

"good. now let's get back before laxus whoops our asses for taking too long."

>>>

lucy
ever since yesterday's 'incident' everyone thought it would be a good idea to do something different for today. i forgave natsu because i couldnt bear to see him upset. i tried to ask levy what she and gajeel did while we were gone but all she would do was blush and change the subject. when i realized it was hopeless, i decided to explain what happened at the lake. her reactions were so cute, i couldnt help giggling a little.

she left with gajeel an hour ago to try and find the camp's library. i stayed in bed and started reading this romance book that i brought. as the boy was about to confess his love, an urgent knock came from the door. i groaned and sat up.

"it's open!"

a mop of blue hair and a body made it's way inside. juvia stared at me, her face all flushed. "lucy, help." "is gray walking around naked again?" i sighed, getting onto my feet. she nodded. "why didn't you go to your room?" "because lucy's room is the closest one to the door." i went out of my room and to the cabin door, ready to yell at gray. but when i opened it, i was met with another face. salmon hair, crooked smile and all. the one and only, natsu dragneel.

i peeked behind him, searching for gray. he turned around in confusion then spotted what i was looking at. "ice princess! clothes!" gray looked down at himself and screamed, "shit!" before running off. "is he gone?" juvia asked. "yeah, you're safe." "thanks lucy! you too natsu." she ran past natsu out the door, probably to chase the man she just ran away from.

"why are you here?" i asked, staring at natsu. "i wanted to see how you were doing." i moved aside and gestured towards my room. "go before mira sees." he grinned and walked in, his hands casually tucked into his pockets. i closed both the cabin door and my room's before sitting on the bed across from him. "are you okay?" he asked. "if you mean from yesterday then yes, i'm fine."

"i'm sorry."

"you already apologized a lot yesterday. dont worry about it." i looked around before asking, "where's happy?" he just shrugged . "probably out somewhere with wendy and charle. they've been spending time together lately. "oh."

we sat in silence and stared at each other. the atmosphere where awkward so i tried to loosen it up a little. "sooo..." "you're cute," he blurted out. "what?" i questioned, thinking i heard him wrong. "sorry! that just came out randomly didnt it." "a bit.." "you really are though." i felt my face get warm. "th- thanks natsu. this is the first time you've complimented me like that." "n- no problem." he stuttered and got up. "uh.. now that i know you're doing okay, i'm gonna go for a walk. seeya later, luce."

i watched as he walked out of my room silently - careful not to alert mira - and out the cabin doors. "youre cute too."

third person
after making his way out of the girl's cabin, natsu headed to the lake that he discovered with lucy the other day. it reminded him of her. pretty and calm. wait.. scratch the calm part, but pretty. sighing, he laid down on the grass, his arms behind his head and stared up at the sky.

a few hours later, natsu opened his eyes. the sun was already starting to set and he sat up in confusion. "huh.. did i fall asleep?" "oh, you're awake." surprised, natsu put his hands out in front of him. "who's there? show yourself!" "i'm right here, idiot," lucy said, tapping his shoulder. natsu turned around and sighed in relief. "oh, it's just you. why are you here? and how did you know i was here?"

lucy looked down at her book as she spoke. "well after you had left, i got bored and walked around camp. i was kind of confused when i didn't see you anywhere. i came here because it was nice and calming and i wanted to read for a bit without any interruptions. i found you asleep and decided to keep you company, i guess." natsu smiled, i'm so soft for her kajdka.

"uhh anyways i think it's going to be dinner soon. you don't want to miss that, right?" "dinner's great and all, but eating the campfire when we're done is the best part!" natsu grinned triumphantly. lucy giggled and rolled her eyes, grabbing natsu's wrist and pulling him up. "let's go before erza starts looking for us, okay?" natsu shuddered. "okay."

when dinner ended, everyone gathered around the campfire, per mira's request. the so called "ships" all sat by each other which made mira's shipping heart very happy. the exceeds sat on a separate logs by themselves. mira stood in the middle, a chesire cat-like grin dancing on her face. she looked over at lucy. "lucy, do you want to sing a song for us?"

"er.. i'm not that good at singing."

"what are you talking about lu-chan? you're great!" levy cheered. i mentally sighed. thanks a lot levy..

"natsu, do you want to play the guitar while lucy sings?" mira asked, averting her attention to him now. natsu shrugged and laxus tossed him an acoustic guitar. lucy's eyes widened.

"you play guitar?!"

"a lil bit," the dragonslayer replied, making his fingers dance on the strings. he played a little tune and smirked at lucy.

"so luce, what song do you want to do?"

a/n: happy halloween