twenty two

>>>
"ew.." i shuddered and walked away, turning around to wash my hand in the stream. but it was gone.

what in mavis is happening

>>>
"shouldn't we look for them?" lucy asked in concern, looking out the kitchen window when the sun was long gone from the sky. "relax luce, they probably just went back to the cabins to stay away from each other," natsu comforted, placing his hand on her shoulder. she immediately relaxed into her touch and looked away. "i guess.. i just hope they're okay. in her current state, i don't think juvia can really do anything to protect herself.."

"they'll be fine, luce. juvia may be weaker right now but she can still fight for herself. and.. as much as i hate to admit it, gray is pretty strong too. so he'll be okay."

lucy smiled hesitantly. "you're right. we should go to sleep now. we're the only ones awake." natsu nodded and draped an arm over her shoulders, doing everything he could to help her relax. "everything's going to be fine, alright? everything's going to be fine."

xxx

when morning arrived, mira was the first one to wake. she smiled groggily, looking around at all her ships that have been so successful so far. jerza still remained, which she still planned to work on. when mira was about to grab her camera, she then realized the position she was in, perfectly curled up on laxus' lap on top of the huge lounge chair.

his arms were wrapped around her thin, model-like torso, holding her in a way where you couldn't escape his grip even if you tried. mira pouted when she realized that she wouldn't be able to reach her camera so she ended up on adorning his features instead.

she had always found laxus attractive, but never said anything about it. after all, she was the shipper, matchmaker. not the person falling in love. but, she couldn't help it, she was falling. and she was falling hard.

mira placed a hand on laxus' cheek, softly caressing it before placing a chaste kiss on top of his lips.

the small action was enough to wake up laxus from his slumber. and it took mira all her strength to stay quiet to let the others continue sleeping. instead, she resorted to moving towards the edge of his lap, away from his face and attractive lips that she was dying to kiss again.

"what do you think you're doing?" laxus asks in a low and raspy morning voice, making mira's heart skip a beat. "n- nothing. nothing at all," she bit her lip. a mistake, since laxus had taken the time to notice all these little things about her.

when mira was excited, she would be all jumpy and excited. when she was upset, she would keep quiet and give you a small smile. when she was hungry, she would blink rapidly. and when she was lying, she would bite her lip.

"mira, don't lie to me."

"i'm just gonna go make breakfast and-" mira started, standing up when laxus suddenly grabbed her by the waist and pulled her back down. "stay here for a little, you're warm."

a light blush on her face, mira quietly obliges and sits back down, letting laxus wrap his beefy arms around her. "thanks babe," he whispered, placing a kiss on her temple before drifting back to sleep. "you're so cute," mira smiles at him before burying her head into his chest and falling asleep as well.

xxx

"they're still not back. it's been a while. i should go check the cabin.." lucy frowned, pacing around. "i'll go check our cabin. you go check out the girls'. i'll meet you back here, okay?" natsu sighed, knowing there was no other way for lucy to finally feel at peace. lucy smiled and pecked his cheek. "thanks natsu."

lucy ran towards the girl's cabin while natsu jogged off to the boy's. she arrived in front of the door, panting as she used a special silver key to unlock it. inside, lucy found no one and suddenly felt sick to her stomach. "she's not here."

natsu opened gray's cabin door with a key similar to lucy's. he walked inside and yelled out for gray. it remained silent. no annoying voice replied to the salmon haired male. his eyes widened. "shit."

both natsu and lucy quickly locked the doors and ran back towards the main cabin. "juvia's not there." "gray isn't there." the two spoke at the same time. "you don't mean.. they never came back!" lucy exclaimed. "m- maybe they both went somewhere.." natsu said in a way to comfort himself as well as lucy.

"natsu, i have a really bad feeling about this. please, help me look for them?"

natsu stared into lucy's pleading eyes and sighed, knowing that he wouldn't have been able to refuse anyways. "fine. but we're getting the other's to help us, alright?"

lucy hugged him tightly, "you're the best, natsu. now let's go find our friends!"