eighteen

>>>
slowly growing bored, i stared out the window at the damp grass and dew drops that sat on every solid matter that it could settle on.

"what should we do today?"

>>>
third person
juvia took a seat on a bar stool and grabbed some blueberry pancakes from the stack. gray took the place beside her, gratefully eating his snow cone that he somehow got from who knows where. juvia pouted at him, whining. "why can't i have ice cream for breakfast?"

gray looked over at her, his brows furrowed, "because you can't."

"why can't I?"

"uhh, because."

"because what?"

gray frowns at juvia and sighs, running a hand through his hair. "fine. do you want some of mine?" the girl nodded and he takes a spoonful, feeding it to juvia.

wahh!! juvia is so happy! the adult side of juvia exclaims while the young version couldn't care less, the only important part to her being the ice cream.

"imdirect kiss!" mira exclaims from the sink, busy washing her hands but took the time to point at her ship. gray sweatdrops and silently continues to eat, juvia following his example.

gray focus
the boy sneakily stole glances at young juvia while he ate. gray found her adorable, even if he would never actually admit with words. he loved how she perfectly fit in his arms, how her voice. juvia shivered slightly which caused gray to pull her into his lap and hug her out of instinct. he was shocked at his own actions as well. this wasn't like him.

gray wasn't bothered by the cold, his only concern at the moment being juvia. i guess you could say, the cold never bothered him anyways. caught up in the moment, gray completely forgot there were other people in the kitchen as well and only remembered when mira awkwardly cleared her throat. embarrassed, gray immediately untangled his arms from juvia and accidentally pushes her off the chair, making her fall on the floor.

"juvia!"

"gray what the hell?!" natsu exclaimed, grabbing gray by the collar of his shirt while the girls went to check if juvia was okay. "that was such a dick move!"

"i'm sorry! i didn't mean to do it!" gray yelled back, putting his arms up in surrender. "well it's not natsu you should be apologizing to," jellal says, calmly pulling natsu away from him.

"juvia's okay," rung out a small voice.

all the girls sighed in relief. "are you sure? that was a pretty long fall," lucy questioned for assurance. "don't worry about juvia, she's perfectly fine," juvia replies, sorely standing up. "good," erza glared at gray.

mira, who decided to give gray a hand silently urged the others to leave the kitchen and give gray the chance to apologize, knowing he doesn't usually like doing things like that in front of people. once everyone had evacuated, gray awkwardly cleared his throat and stared at juvia who stood in front of him, arms crossed.

"i- i'm sorry."

silence.

"i really didn't mean to do it! it was an accident i swear!"

silence.

"juvia come on!"

the girl turned on her heel and walked towards the living room, never saying a word to the frustrated male.

"ughh dammit!"

gray ran out of the cabin, leaving some concerned as to where he was going or what he was going to do. but no one made a move to stop him or go after him. he eventually ended up in the middle of a forest clearing and fell down onto his knees, screaming out as loud as he could to express his rage. after letting out his emotions, gray just sat there in silence, harshly tugging at his raven locks.

he was aware of lamia scale's presence in the camp and knew that sooner or later, he would once again run into the white haired ice mage, lyon. gray really hoped that it would be later though. but it was only a matter of time when lyon sees juvia in her child form. and seeing her difference in attitude and personality, he could easily take juvia away from gray.

gray didn't know. he didn't know why he becomes so angry and possessive over juvia whenever lyon is around. he didn't know why but he missed the older juvia. he missed her forced hugs, random i love you's. heck, even the stupid things she did to catch his attention. mira always told him it was because he loves her, but gray didn't know what to think.

at the time he would say, "me? like her? mira, are you outta your mind?"

but now, things have changed and it honestly confused the hell out of gray.

"mavis, juvia what are you doing to me?"