thirty three

>>>
if there was any sort of god out there, gray prayed for juvia to wake up and go back to her normal self. because honestly, he missed it.

>>>

"um.. who.. what is that?" lucy pointed. "whatever it is, it's probably going to try and kill us." erza replied. "do you want to kill us?" natsu asked, stepping forward.

it was already morning and everyone was exhausted, so they decided to take a break before they continued along their way. lucy -who natsu had forced come along and get firewood with him and erza - saw something move in the bushes in front of her and screamed when it came out. it was a strange creature with a pig's head but a man's body. it only wore a piece of cloth around his (man? pig? they didn't want to know) area and held a butcher's knife in it's hand.

"me? kill you? there's a chance that i will. but first of all, what are you doing in these woods? don't you know that it's dangerous?" the creature spoke in a low, gravely voice that made lucy feel very uncomfortable. especially because she was closest to it. slowly, she inched back and stayed behind natsu. "we're aware," said erza. "by any chance, do you know the way out?"

"and if i did, what would i get for it?"

erza looked at natsu and lucy at a loss for ideas. natsu shrugged while lucy put a finger on her lip. "i could give you a new outfit?" she suggested, resisting the urge to throw up from the sight of the thing's hairy body. "an interesting offer," the creature considered. "i might just take it. but i want something more.. something like... a girl." natsu then pushed lucy protectively behind his back. "i'm afraid we can't do that for you."

"what a shame," the pig-man said, sighing dramatically. "and i was so ready to show you the way out. erza glared at natsu. "it might be our only chance," she whispered. "hell no, i ain't leaving lucy with that ugly bastard," natsu whispered back.

the pig creature cleared his throat and averted the attention towards him. "you can call me eli. [a/n: eel-eye] have you made your decision?" erza sighed, she knew that there would be no way for her to convince natsu. whenever it concerned lucy's safety, it was always difficult. "i would like to volunteer myself." she stepped forward. the pig-man looked at her with his red glowing eyes and nodded. "it will do."

"but before you show us the way, we have four other companions that must come with us."

eli let out a low chuckle. "a hard bargain you're pulling here, dearie. alright, i'm feeling a bit generous so i'll let them come along. i'll be expecting you back at this very spot in five minutes. go."

the three mages ran back to their rest site, relieved to see the others doing alright. "hurry up! we found a way to get us out of here," erza exclaimed. jellal immediately stood up. "is it safe?" "we're not sure, but it's the only way out." he nodded. gray got to his feet and picked up juvia. "let's hope it works because juvia doesn't seem to be doing so well." happy flew over to natsu and they began their way back to eli.

-

"you kids must have luck! five more seconds and you would have been too late," eli chuckled. gray raised his eyebrow. "that thing is supposed to take us back to camp?" natsu elbowed his side, making him wince. "shut up, it's our only way outa here."

"well, now that we're all ready, let's get going."

——————
a/n: woah another update :o