thirty one

>>>
i turned around and although his voice sounded so close, he was actually far off in the distance.

exactly where i was earlier.
>>>

lucy, natsu and gray continued to trudge through the forest, with happy tailing behind them. "it feels like we're just going in circles!" gray cried in exasperation. "well do you have any better ideas ice prick?" natsu argued. "ah- no," gray sighed. "that's what i thought."

"can you two stop arguing?" lucy frowned. "if we want to get out of here, we have to work together."

the two looked at each other and sighed. "fine."

"hey lushee, i found the ledge," happy called from up in the air. "thats good news! maybe from there we can find our way back!" "theres a problem though."

"which is?"

"we've been going in the wrong direction. the forest led us farther away."

"then we'll just go back the right way!"

"by the time we even get halfway there it will be nightfall."

lucy sighed and natsu wrapped his arm around her shoulders. "well, it's worth a shot, right? i say we go for it." "doesnt matter to me as long as i get some food," gray agreed. "aye sir," happy said and flew down to their level. he positioned himself in the front. "this way!"

as they walked after happy, lucy looked up at natsu. "i have a bad feeling about this.." "stay positive, luce. there's something weird about this forest, we shouldnt let our guard down."

"yeah.. i guess you're right. i'm glad we found him. are you?" natsu couldnt help but feel a pang of jealousy. "yeah, i'm glad."

"hold on fairy tail."

i have to get back to him, erza thought and trudged her way through the dense forest floor. no negativity. "jellal!" she called. the man looked around as if he had just realized that she was no longer there. "erza? where did you go?"

"i dont know what's happening but whatever you do, dont panic. stay calm! can you do that for me?"

"y- yeah, alright."

"just stay there."

erza made her way back into the clearing and sighed in relief. "thank mavis i was teleported that far." "teleported? i'm so confused." erza stared at him. sweat was beading down his face, his red tattoo glimmering. "don't worry about it. let's just make our way back, it's almost nightfall. and i think i have a theory about this forest."

jellal nodded. "alright. but you better explain."

"yeah yeah, i will."

"do you think theyre okay out there, laxus?" mira questioned, staring at the sunset. "im sure they'll be fine, mira. theyre members of fairy tail, it's going to take a lot more than an enchanted forest to take them down." mira looked down and sighed. "you're right. but i cant help but think that this is all my fault."

laxus stood beside her and made her look at him. "it wont help them return if you keep blaming yourself. how about we get the other members and have some dinner to keep our minds distracted. okay?"

"okay."

a/n: i dont like this chapter that much but oH wElL. hey, yall should comment cause i like hearing what you guys think while reading my story :))