Chapter 3 : An Escape

"Look Sam, there is a booger sitting beside you," Gabriella said from the backseat, pointing at Jenny and then started giggling.

I sighed, "How many shots did she take?"

"I don't know. But, looking at her state I guess-" Jenny was interrupted by Gabriella's giggling, yet again.

"Hey booger, show me how you boo!"

"-somewhere near 20 shots," she continued, annoyed by the fact that Gabby has been constantly calling her booger since she got drunk in the party.

"We can't take her home like this. You guys can crash at my place," I said.

Gabriella's dad is very strict. He won't be happy seeing his daughter in such a state. Jenny's home is quiet far and, I am pretty sure, we are not in the mood to drive so far. So, the only option remains my home.

"Are you sure?" Jenny asked, hesitantly.

"Positive," I gave her an assuring smile.

Jenny nodded and started driving. It was Gabby's car but clearly she was not in a state to drive. So, I decided to bring her car to my home. We remained silent. The only noise was coming from Gabby, who was murmuring something and laughing at her own.

"So, I saw you and Trystan Ryder sharing a cozy moment in Jason's kitchen," Jenny said, finally breaking the silence.

"If you consider insulting each other a cozy moment, then sure it was very cozy," I rolled my eyes.

"Yeah right," she smirked.

"Oh please! Don't even get some weird thoughts about me and Trystan," I snorted, "You know he is a jerk."

She did not reply. But her expression told me that she definitely did not believe me.

"Talking about jerks," I continued after a minute of silence, "I saw Evan following you everywhere in the party."

Soon a scowl appeared on Jenny's face.

"Ugh! Don't remind me of it. That guy was getting on my nerves. And can you believe it; he was calling me 'Just' Jenny all the time."

I burst out laughing, looking at Jenny's annoyed expression. She, on the other hand, gave me a stink eye before focusing on driving.

Soon, we were standing outside my house. After numerous protests by Gabby, we finally pulled her out of the car and took her to my house.

"She's so heavy," Jenny muttered in annoyance.

"Shut up, you booger," Gabby frowned, before laughing.

"Guys, be silent. I don't want mom to wake up," I warned them in a strict tone.

I slowly pushed the door open, hoping no one will notice my arrival. The lights were off, indicating everyone was sleeping. I took a sigh of relief and helped my friends come in. After we were all inside, I closed the door silently and we started tip toe-ing to my room. And that's when I heard it – my mom's voice.

Duck!

"Who is it?" she asked, standing in her night gown and rubbing her left eye.

"I-It's me, mom," I replied, hesitantly.

"Samantha?" Mom questioned in disbelief. Suddenly, the lights of the living room were turned on and I saw dad standing near the stairs with a shocked expression.

I quickly mouthed him a 'save me', before again looking at mom.

"You realize it's one in the morning?" Mom asked with raised eyebrows.