Chapter 35 : Uninvited Guest

"You're okay?" Gabby asked me for the umpteenth time.

"I am stronger than what you think, Gabby," I smiled, squeezing her hands. I could feel Jenny's gaze on me. With a sigh, I turned towards her.

"Stop stealing secret glances at me, Jen," I frowned, "It makes me feel that you have a crush on me."

She snorted, "I know you've always fantasized me."

After a silence of three seconds, all three of us started laughing at Jenny's statement.

"God, I missed this," Gabby cooed. I smiled inwardly. I missed this, too.

"I am so sorry, Sam. I did not mean t-"

"Shut up," I scolded Jenny, not allowing her to complete her sentence, "None of this was your fault, okay?"

"Then forgive Trystan, please," she said. I closed my eyes tightly, hearing his name. Slowly, I opened my eyes and saw where the boys were sitting. Trystan was staring out of the window, Chase was glaring at the juice kept in front of him, and Evan was trying to involve those two in a conversation.

"I will, once I feel he deserves my forgiveness," I said, my expressions numb.

"We are about to land. Please, tighten your seatbelts," I breathed calmly, as I realized we were back home. I've never felt so homesick before.

Once we were on the ground, the doors of the plane opened up. We all stood up and got ready to step out.

"I am not supporting him, Sam. I know he was a fool to do what he did," Jenny sighed, walking beside me, "But as much as I've known him in this trip, I can say he is the one who is hurting the most. You should try to talk to him. Just talk."

I scoffed, "Practice what you preach, Jen. Don't advise me to talk to Trystan, when you yourself can't even look at Chase."

I heard footsteps behind me and I knew the boys were near. Gabby decided to not interrupt in our conversation, and walked along with Evan.

"I will talk to him," Jenny said, her eyes filled with determination, "I don't know what plan were you guys acting upon. But I won't let something as stupid as jealousy ruin my relationship with Chase."

I did not say anything to her. Avoiding everyone, I kept walking ahead. Once the bags were out of the the security checking, I picked up my luggage and walked out of the airport.

"I will be dropping the girls," Evan said, once we were out of the airport, halting two cabs, "Chase and Trystan can come in the other cab."

I rolled my eyes at his yet another attempt to make the boys talk. He had been constantly trying to sort out things between Chase and Trystan but nothing worked. I really believe those two idiots are lucky to have Evan as a friend.

"I don't even want to breathe in the same air as him, forget driving in the same cab," Chase hissed. I saw Trystan close his eyes in pain. He looked fragile. And it made me feel fragile.

"Like I am dying to share the cab with him," Trystan muttered, stopping another cab by waving his hands.

"Wait," Jenny pulled back Trystan, before he could leave, "Evan will drop Gabby."

"I am going with Chase," she said, ignoring the glares Chase was throwing at her.

"And you two can take this cab," Jenny concluded her statement, pointing and Trystan and I. I frowned, ready to argue with my best friend.

"That's awesome," Gabby smirked, entering her cab, "Lets go guys. I am already so tired. I need to sleep."

"But-" I opened my mouth and then closed it, as the four of my friends entered their respective taxis, and left. Of course, I did not miss the sympathetic look Chase was giving me.