Chapter 27 : That Phone Call

"Dylan is so mean," I stomped my foot and sank on the couch.

"Well, right now it's you who is being mean," Trystan snatched the TV remote from my hand.

"I am being reasonable," I snatched the remote back, "Tiffany is just five months old. Five month olds don't go on a date."

"Her dad is on the date," Trystan sighed.

"Along with Tiffany," I added, not ready to lose the debate.

"Samantha," he made me turn towards him, "Dylan just wants Tiffany to like the girl he chooses for himself."

I opened my mouth to argue ahead, but gave up on the idea and looked down.

It was a Saturday evening. Trystan and I had planned to take Tiffany to the park with us. But when we went there, a very hot looking Dylan welcomed us. Apparently, the cafe girl had agreed to go on a date with him and he wanted Tiffany to accompany them.

Disappointed, I came back home. Trystan just followed me behind for no reason. And now we are sitting in my house - shuffling channels on my TV.

"I wonder what he must be doing on his date?" I muttered, imagining scenarios of Dylan and the girl kissing and dancing.

Trystan squeezed my shoulder, "he is a fool to not like you back."

I rolled my eyes and snuggled closer to him, returning back to shuffling the channels.

"Not that I mind," I said. I heard a car being parked but ignoring it, I laid my head on Trystan's shoulder. He too placed his arm around me. I took a deep breathe - enclosing his warmth.

"Sammy boo! We are back," dad's familiar voice rung in my ears. Surprised, I squeaked and pushed Trystan off the couch.

"Sunshine," Trystan groaned. Before I could ask him to be quiet, dad and mom had already entered the house.

"Sam I-" dad's excitement was soon replaced with shock as he saw Trystan.

"A guy in my house!" Dad whispered, looking at me and Trystan.

"Uh, hey Mr Harris," Trystan scratched the back of his neck, blushing uncontrollably.

"Samantha never told us she had a boyfriend," Mom smiled, holding some shopping bags, "But then again, she never tells us anything."

"It's not like that, mom," I muttered, "he is just a friend."

"HE IS A MALE SPECIE, SAMANTHA," Dad exclaimed, pulling me away from Trystan, "I TOLD YOU THEY HAVE COOTIES."

"I'm done with the drama," mom said, and left the three of us alone. I looked at her walking back to her room.

"I am not five, dad," I glared at him.

"But-" dad was cut off by Trystan.

"I hope you know she is going on a trip with me," Trystan showered the new information on dad, "To Vegas."

I threw my most dangerous glare at him. IDIOT!

"Sammy boo, tell me this is a fake news before I faint," Dad wiped the sweat from his head. I sighed.

"Dad, that is a story for another day," I said, and walked out of the house.

I was annoyed at mom and there was no way I could handle dad's protective mode right now.

"Why does she do this to me?" I hissed, tears falling down from my eyes.

Mom has just cut off from my life. Sometimes I wonder will it matter to her if I died someday? Or will she still be her blunt self?