Chapter 13 : Haunts Of The Past

Water.

All I saw in front, across, and near me was the slight blue and transparent substance wrapping around her. She was screaming and asking for help. And I was laughing, making fun of her.

I could hear Dylan calling my name. Trystan was squeezing my hands. I could feel the worry on their faces but my eyes refused to open up. It was like, I was being forced to watch the things I wanted to avoid.

Lake. Scream. Helplessness. Her face.

Then, I felt droplets of water being sprinkled on my face. The fear imbibed me again, and my eyes flicked open.

I screamed and hugged the first person who came into my vision.

"Shh, it's just me, sunshine," Trystan cooed.

I relaxed hearing his voice and hugged him tighter. His response was immediate, as his hands wrapped around me. For the first time I was not scared of hugging someone, or about the germs that I could get. I felt safe.

For the first time, my obsessive compulsion disorder did not throttle me.

He felt like home. Hugging him gave me a feeling of comfort.

The comfort I was trying to find from ages.

"T-Trystan," I wheezed.

"Hey, stop crying," he whispered, squeezing me into the hug, "I am here, OK?"

"I-I felt water b-being pored o-on me," I said, without breaking the hug.

"About that," Dylan, who was sitting beside me, said, "I sprinkled it. You know, to wake you up."

I did not look at him. Instead, I hid my face in the crook of Trystan's neck.

"Samantha," Trystan patted my hair, "look at me."

I shook my head and held him tighter. I was scared to face him or Dylan. They would ask me why I fainted. And if I'll tell them the reason, they will also start hating me, just like mom and Britney.

"Uh, I think I'll take Tiffany to my room. It's her bed time," Dylan said, and I heard him dragging Tiffany's go-cart and walking away.

Trystan did not break the hug. I just felt him nodding his head in response. Once Dylan was gone, I broke the hug and looked at him.

"That's like my girl," he smiled, holding my chin, "Now take a few deep breathes."

I nodded and closed my eyes. I inhaled and exhaled a few times. When my breathing became even, I opened my eyes again.

"I like your cologne. It smells like blackcurrant," I said, sniffing him.

He slowly wiped the tears from my face and smiled, "You faint for an hour, scare the life out of me, and when you wake up, the first thing you do is compliment my cologne. Can you get any weirder, Samantha Harris?"

"I don't like complimenting the people I hate. So just cherish the moment, instead of questioning my weirdness," I rolled my eyes at him.

He chuckled and shifted closer to me. Then, he took my hands in his big ones and inhaled deeply.

"Just don't do that again," he said, intertwining our hands.

"I did not do it intentionally, Trystan," I said, blankly.

"You scared me," he smiled, "I don't know why, but seeing you in that state made me feel like you were leaving me."

There was a fear in his eyes when he said this. I knew he was trying to act normal, but his smile was unable to hide the insecurity in his voice.