Chapter 10 : Talks And Bickering

Dad examined my hand and then, shook his head in disappointment.

"I am fine dad. I promise," I said with a puppy face.

I wasn't lying, after all. There were no severe injuries, just a few scratches on my legs and a sprained right hand. Dad was worrying without any reason.

"Why, on earth, were you trying to climb the tree?" Dad frowned.

Okay, maybe I did lie a bit. If dad would come to know that I fell from a bike which belonged to a guy, he'd be right there at his house with his revolver.

So yeah, I saved Trystan and blamed an innocent tree.

Mother nature will never forgive me.

"I-I told you, right? I wanted to catch a bird," I avoided eye contact with him.

"Kids these days," Dad muttered, "When I was of your age, I climbed umpteenth trees without falling down."

"Falling is the first step towards success, dad," I said with a straight face.

"It's Failure, Samantha," Dad rolled his eyes, "Now, how are you going to school? Clearly you cannot drive with a broken hand."

"Talking about it, let me ask Gabby to pick me up," I took out my phone from my pocket.

Before I could dial a number, I heard a hooter. I peeked outside from my window, only to see an unfamiliar car waiting at my doorstep.

"Uh, I think Gabby is here. Bye dad," I kissed his cheeks and rushed outside.

"I have kept my homemade sandwiches for lunch, in your bag," he shouted from behind.

I groaned and went near the car to have a look at the uninvited driver.

"I am going to kill Trystan if I got a tan," Chase huffed.

"What are you doing here, man-whore?" I asked with a glare.

"I am here to pick you, dimwit," he gave me a 'you are so dumb' look.

I rolled my eyes, getting inside the car, "Wow, I couldn't have guessed it on my own. Although, I expected Gabby."

"Trust me, I am a better company," Chase stated, "You should be lucky I'm picking you up."

"Are all three of you like this?" I asked with annoyance.

"Like what?" he questioned.

"You know, full of yourself," a snort escaped my nose.

Chase chuckled at my reaction, "We just speak the truth, babe."

I decided to remain silent, avoiding the urge to slap him for calling me babe.

Chase turned on the radio, which was currently playing Stacy's Mom. I laughed at the lyrics. Chase chuckled too.

"There was a girl in my neighbor with the same name. Trystan, Evan and I sang the same song in her balcony, loudly for a week. Next thing we know, her mother calling us for a one night stand," he laughed.

I looked at him with wide eyes, "Please don't tell me you guys took the offer?"

"Well, opportunities never knock twice at your door," he smirked.

"Goodness!" I started laughing hard, "You guys could put any porn star to a shame."

He wiggled his brows proudly. Soon we, reached the school. I hopped out of the car happily.

"The ride was fun. But you are still a man-whore. And I still hate you," I said, putting a blank face.

"I hate you too, ugly duckling," he grinned, parking his car.