Chapter 4 : Job Offer

I woke up with heavy breathing and sweat surrounding my body.

It was another nightmare.

I sighed and looked at the clock at my study table. 6 o' clock, it showed. I wiped the sweat on my forehead with the sleeves of my shirt. Sure I did get nightmares, but they were not as bad as the one's I have read about. And I had my own philosophy for it. Nightmares cause pain to a person and I was too numb to feel the pain.

Laughing bitterly at my thoughts, I looked at my best friends.

Gabriella and Jenny were still sleeping and it would be mean to wake them up so early. There is still more than an hour for the school to start.

I wore my flip flops and hopped to the kitchen. There, wearing a pink apron and singing a lullaby, dad was making his oh-so-famous cookies.

I hope the kitchen is safe.

Let's just say, my dad is a horrible cook, who thinks he can win the next season of Master Chef America.

My family is weird like that. Mom loves cooking. She even has her own bakery. And here, dad can't even cook to save his life.

"Morning, Daddy boo," I grinned and pinched his cheeks.

"Morning, Sammy boo," Dad chipped the cookie and forced it into my mouth.

"Ew!" I grumbled, trying to puke out the cookie, "Dad, I have yet not brushed my teeth."

"And they taste horrible," I muttered the last part.

I rushed to the fridge and took out my mouth freshener.

Yes, I keep my mouth freshener in the fridge.

No, it's not weird.

I heard dad chuckling, making me pull a face at him. You see, some things happened that made me and mom fall apart. But dad was always there. He loves me to the core and still thinks of me as his 'little' princess.

And that's the reason he keeps telling me why I should stay away from male species.

"Is mom still angry at me?" I asked him with hesitation.

Dad sighed, "Samantha, stop taking her so seriously. She is just an old woman waiting for her menopause."

With that, he turned around to continue his cooking, leaving me laughing at his statement.

"Tada!" he exclaimed, dangling two cookie boxes in his hands, "The first one is for you, Gabby and Jenny."

"And this one, with salt in it, is for the boys who may try to do mushy stuffs with you," he said with a stern look, and handed me the boxes.

I rolled my eyes.

"Sometimes I wonder who will turn eighteen, first - you or me?" I pulled out my tongue at him, and rushed to wake up my best friends.

As I entered my room, I saw them sleeping soundly under the blanket. I shook my head and went near Jenny.

"Go away," Jenny grumbled, as I pulled the blanket away from her body.

"Guys, we have a high school to attend. Will you two wake up?" I snorted at the two sleeping beauties.

"Leave me alone," Gabby whined.

Fine. You asked for it.

I tip-toed to my bathroom, brought a toothpaste, and poured it on their eyes.

"AAAA!" they screamed in unison.

"MY EYES!" Jenny hollered, while Gabby rushed into the washroom.