Chapter 17 : The Blushing Problem

"New blankets, bathing toys, baby food, and..."

I took a yawn as Dylan finally stopped with his list.

"Why can't you go, instead of us?" Trystan frowned.

"Oh! And some socks that fit her legs," Dylan grinned, finally remembering the last item for shopping.

I took Tiffany from Dylan and laid her down in her go-cart.

"Fine, we will buy it all," I said, "You can leave now. Else you'll be late for your job."

"Awe, you are the best decision of my life, Sam," Dylan held my hands. I heard Trystan snorting beside me.

I don't even know what Dylan meant by that. But those words were enough to make my cheeks flush.

"Wow! I feel left out here," Trystan made a sad face, "Nobody loves me."

Dylan chuckled in response, whereas I gave him a stink eye for breaking our moment. The way he smirked at me was enough for me to realize that he did it intentionally.

"OK now," Dylan smiled, "I am leaving. Make sure you take good care of my sweetheart."

Trystan and I nodded our head in unison. Dylan gave one last kiss to his daughter, before walking out of his house.

Once he was gone, I picked up my backpack from the couch and took out my english homework. It was a beautiful Sunday afternoon. Dylan had an extra shift to do. So, Trystan and I were on our job today as well.

"You know what sucks?" Trystan asked, sinking on the couch beside me.

"Spending a Sunday doing your homework?" I asked, my eyebrows raised.

"Exactly!" he exclaimed, taking away my papers and throwing them on the other side. I kicked his shin in annoyance.

"Never do that again," I spat, picking up my homework. Trystan, once again, took it from my hand and threw it away.

"Are you trying to plan your grave?" I asked through gritted teeth.

"Not before I take you on a date with me," he blinked his eyes like a baby.

I gave out a snort, "I already tolerate you in a four hour job. I think that's enough for me."

"Are you implying you won't go on a date with me?" he asked, his hands on his heart in fake hurt.

"Take it the way you want to, Ryder," I rolled my eyes.

"You mean, you are ready to lose this once in a life time opportunity just because you are too coward to express your feelings?" he asked, his smirk growing wider with every word.

"Feelings?" I laughed, "I'd rather have feelings for Gabby's dead fish, than for you."

Trystan bent his head low, an expression of sadness on his face. More like, a FAKE expression of sadness. I was about to tell him to join the drama club when, suddenly, he leaped upon me and took my speech - my homework.

"Will you still not go on a date with me, sunshine?" he asked, raising my homework high in the air.

"You muggle, give it back to me," I screeched, jumping to catch it from his hand.

Ugh, curse this small height.

"A yes for a date gives your homework back. A no for a date turns it into trash," he started singing, as if it was a nursery rhyme.

"You don't blackmail a girl to say yes for a date," I whined.

"A girl? I don't see her anywhere," he gawked, looking around.