Chapter 12 : They Are Back

"No no no no no," I went behind Trystan, "You're kidding, right?"

He pulled his face in a blank expression and said, "Do I look like I am in a mood to joke?"

"But I can't do it alone," I whispered, staring at the kitchen.

"Now sweetheart," he smirked, "Take this as a lesson that you will never ask someone to ride their bike."

I looked at him with annoyance and anger. My hands curled up in a fist. Slowly but hardly, I punched his jaw. But he dodged it and pulled me through my fist.

"I saw that coming. You need to improve your tactics, sunshine," he whispered, his face close to mine.

"You are a shame to chivalry," I hissed, and pushed him away.

"Have fun doing it alone. Tiffany and I are going on a walk," he yelled from behind, as I was walking to the kitchen.

"OK, you can do it Sam," I muttered to myself.

Picking up a mop, I frowned. Soon I heard the door being closed which meant Trystan and Tiffany were gone.

"You are definitely gonna pay for this, Trystan," I whispered.

I poured sanitizer on the mop's handle and started cleaning the floor. Then I wiped the counter, thrice. Keeping back all the stuffs at their place and rearranging them umpteenth time, I finally took a deep sigh of relief.

When I looked at the clock it was already seven, which meant Dylan could be back anytime. I went upstairs to clean myself. I entered the first room that came in my way. It was huge with white curtains and a big bed in the middle. I walked towards the bathroom, but then something caught my attention.

A picture.

A picture of Dylan and some other girl. I looked at it carefully, taking in the appearance of the girl.

I wiggled my brows, looking at the picture. She looks familiar.

Thinking where I had seen the girl, I entered the bathroom. Soon a fragrance of lavender filled my nose. Enjoying the smell, I poured water on my face and rubbed it gently.

I was relishing the feel of cold water on my face, when I heard the door of the room being opened.

Panicked, I peeked through the door. There, making out with some girl, was the owner of the house- Dylan.

"Get a room," I shouted without thinking.

"No, actually you already have a room. So, continue," once again, I shouted.

And when I realized what I just did, my jaw dropped, hands making their way to my mouth.

I immediately hopped under the bathtub which, to my luck, was empty. I knew Dylan had heard my voice as his footsteps were nearing towards me.

"Uh-huh, if you think the voice came from the bathroom, you're totally wrong," I said again, instantly clutching my mouth and hoping he did not hear me.

Finally the door of the bathroom clicked open, and I shut my eyes tight.

"Sam, is it you?" Dylan asked.

"Pfft, no I am Professor Dumbledore," I scoffed, inwardly scolding myself for being sarcastic at the moment.

He came near me and poked my back. I looked up and gave him a goofy smile.

"Why are you hiding in the bathtub?" he gave me a confused look.

"I-I," I stuttered, searching for an excuse, "I was having a pep talk with it."