Chapter 44 : Evan Is A Keeper

"I'll be there in ten minutes. Stop fretting," I assured, my phone stuck to my ears.

"Ten minutes? Your ten minutes are equal to an hour," Evan snorted from the other side of the phone, "So don't blame us if we finish the pizza alone."

"NO! I AM COMING!" I squeaked, adjusting my phone between my shoulder and my ears, and tying my hair in a bun.

I heard the line going dead and stomped my feet again and again. Running around like an insane, I finally found my car keys under the dustbin.

"How did they land up here?" I scrunched my nose, picking up the keys from the dustbin.

"That's what happens when you don't let your mother enter your room," a new voice complained. I turned around to glare at my mother. She was leaning at the door, a soft smile placed on her lips.

"You mean that's what happens when your own mother disowns you for ages?" I said coldly, raising my eyebrows in displeasure.

Honestly, our parents are a pro at blaming us for everything wrong that happens!

Mom sighed and stepped inside my room. She walked towards me and pulled me in a hug. Initially, my arms were flinging down. But slowly I wrapped them around her, returning the hug.

The hug automatically calmed my nerves. I think that's the magic of a mother's hug. It's not a mere hug, but a healing medicine.

"I want my daughter back," Mom whispered, her voice coming out weak.

I sighed and closed my eyes tightly, not knowing how to reply to that.

"M-Mom how can Savann-" but before I could miserably complain to her about how unfair life is, she broke the hug and cupped my cheeks.

"I want my Sammy back," she whispered again, this time with hope.

I blinked my eyes continuously, confusion dancing in them. Mom simply smiled at my baffled expression.

"I know I have been a terrible mother, Samantha. But I can't do it anymore. Your boyfriend was right, I have lost both my daughters," she said, tears ready to stream down her face, "Of course, Savannah cannot come back. But you? You are here and you are with me. Then how can I simply let you go?"

"Mom..." I tried to interfere but she continued speaking.

"Elders too commit mistakes. They also need to be forgiven sometimes. Please Sammy, can I get a second chance?"

My eyes were too blur with tears to anticipate the expression on my mother's face. So, I simply pulled her in an assuring hug.

"Of course, mom! Of course," I murmured, smiling through the tears.

My memory took me back to the time Britney apologized to me and a chuckle escaped my mouth. Seems like it's a 'Let's Apologize To Sam' month!

"Okay, now if we are done," I broke the hug with a grin, "I need to rush to Dylan's place. My friends are waiting there."

Mom smiled and wiped my tears, "Invite them for dinner someday. Especially Trystan. That guy is a gem!"

I blushed, nodding my head and rushing out of the house. I quickly climbed into my car and started the engine.

"You better hide to save your life, Evan," I muttered, driving off from my house. I waved one last goodbye at my mother's disappearing figure.

Like promised, it only took me ten minutes, maybe a little more, to reach my destination. The first thing I saw was the three cars parked at Dylan's garage. I immediately recognized all of them - blue one of Gabby, white of Trystan, and a vintage car that belonged to Britney.