Danger Magnet

Hey guys, so not much to say except enjoy the story!!  

Please comment, vote and fan if you want.

Picture of Kaylee------------------>

Kaylee's POV

"HEY, give it back! NOW!"

I see you've come in on a typical day of mine. My name is Kaylee, and I'm in the process of trying to get my pencil case back from an idiot who takes pleasure in irritatng me; his name is Preston, in case you were wondering.

"OW!! Okay, okay, here! Just stop hitting me!!" he said, clutching his arm, which had a whole lot of scratches and bruises on it.

"That's right if you value your life, you will leave my things alone!!" I said glaring and craddling my pencil case.

I go to Lakeside College with my friends: Maddie, Juliette, Raylise, and a few other classmates (unfortunately) such as the idiots: Preston, Nate, Nick, and Derek.

Yes, this is my life, ordinary, even boring you could say, but I wouldn't change it if I could. Right now we have an English lesson which I like, yes I know, you're probably thinking 'WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH THIS GIRL!?' but that's just me!

~//~

The rest of the school day passed pretty quickly and before I knew it I was sitting in my bedroom doing homework.

I don't know when I fell asleep but I knew I was dreaming, otherwise how else would I explain being trapped in a freezing cold room with Maddie, Juliette, Raylise, Nick, Nate, Preston, and Derek? It was a slight bit wet due to leaking pipes here and there.

I must be dreaming, I thought. But NO, I wasn't. I was wide awake, and surrounded by some of my friends and some idiots, inside a room that was freezing cold.

We all gathered together so our body warmth combined would at least give us all a little warmth. Luckily I had fallen asleep in my jeans, a long sleeve t-shirt and jacket because yesterday it was unusually cold. I was lucky I wasn't as cold as say Juliette who was in shorts and a short sleeved t-shirt. Haha shame for her! Oh, I forgot you were still reading this. I mean, I feel sorry for her (yeah right).

I stepped out of our circle of warmth and the cold hit me like a bullet but I ignored it and paced around the room, tapping on the walls looking to see if there was a hole behind them where we could possibly make our exit. The others were looking at me like 'what the hell are you doing?' Oh well, they'll find out soon enough.

Soon after about 5 or 10 minutes of tapping there was a hollow clang behind the place where I was knocking.

"Hey Derek, Preston, Could you guys come here?" I asked.

" I can I'm waaay stronger then them!" Nate piped up.

"Yeah, suuuure you are. Anyway Preston, Derek? Come on, hurry up!" I said, impatient.

Preston and Derek shuffled reluctantly to where I was standing, with my hand on the wall marking the place where the hollow sound came from.

"Can you guys break down the wall riiiight here?" I said pointing to the wall. They began banging on the wall but it didn't break.

I rolled my eyes, gosh what's they point in having these 'strong' guys here when they can even break down a stinking wall? I thought.

"Useless," I muttered to myself. Luckily, Maddie approached me.

"Oh good, maybe you might be able to help me," I said, loud enough for the boys to hear. Raylise and Juliette sniggered at the boys while Maddie and I picked up these wooden crates from the side of the room, and threw them on the floor forcefully, therefore smashing them to pieces.

We picked up a few good sharp pieces, Preston and Derek moving out of the way shocked when we ran at them with the pointed wooden pieces.

Ha! You should have seen them run! They actually thought we were going to stake them with the wood! Their faces! I thought, stupid boys.

Anyway, we ran at the wall, making the wooden pieces go straight through the surface. We staggered backwards, but Nick and Derek came to the rescue by catching us.

"Thanks," I muttered, while brushing off all the dust and powdery things that erupted when we stabbed the wall. I looked to see Nick helping Maddie get up, but instead of saying 'thank you' she just nodded gratefully, not wanting to say anything to Nick. I shook my head at her stubborness.

Suddenly Juliette gasped.

"Look!" she said, pointing to the now wrecked wall. We followed her eyes and saw a tunnel, it was dark but it glittered beautifully due to all the crystals and glow worms that were hanging down from the celing, the crystals buried inside the wall.

We set off through the tunnel with me and Derek leading and Maddie and Nick behind us. Preston and Raylise followed, and lastly Nate and Juliette, who was shivering in her shorts so Nate had his arm around her. I smirked at that, because I'm never gonna let her live it down.

After a while of walking down the tunnel, I stopped and stuck my arm out, preventing Derek from continuing to walk forward.

"Why did we stop?" questioned Raylise.

"Shhhhhh..." I whispered.

Very faintly you could hear a snarling coming from up ahead in the tunnel. There was a ripping sound and then a dripping sound. My imagination got the best of me. Yes I know vampires aren't supposed to be real, but I couldn't shake the picture of someone being ripped in half between two snarling vampires who were greedy for food.

"Oh shoot," I muttered before passing out.

~//~

Author's note: This was originally written by Kristy, then edited and published by Marz!