Chapter 17:

The next chapter......

please VOTE COMMENT READ RECOMMEND AND FAN!!!!!

Ok so yeah thats my majorly awesome message!! Woo!

From Marz: if you read through all of the chapters comment 'I hate Cabbages!'

Derek's POV

Wow I got my power well I had it before but now I know what it is!! And it's awesome!!!! Maybe I could use this to my advantage! But how? Hmmm. I continued to mull over the idea.

"Derek? Are you gonna stand there all day or what?" Asked Kaylee.

"He's busy daydreaming about you." I heard Raylise whisper to Kaylee. Kaylee shoved Raylise.

"I'm not..." I grumbled, but felt a blush creeping up my neck.

I made a couple more vines grow out of the ground, and wove it into a hut.

"Aww he's blushing!! Isn't that adowable!?" said Raylise pinching my cheeks. I moved my face away from her. Kaylee coughed uncomfortably.

"Aww but Kaylee whaley finds evewything about Dewek adowable isn't that wight?" said Raylise smirking evilly at Kaylee.

"No thats wong." said Kaylee pinching Raylise's cheeks back. Raylise looked disappointed. You and me both Raylise. You and me both. I suddenly realised something SHIT! Kaylee would have heard all that day dreaming and stuff about her!! She can read minds!!! How could I be so careless?? But then why didn't she say anything... Is it too much to hope she wasn't listening into my head when I was thinking about her? But then I'm always thinking about her so....

Hi Kaylee. I thought. She didn't reply. Ok well even in my head this is awkward.... I tried again. Kaylee? Can you hear me? She still didn't reply. Dang.

"Kaylee? Didn't you hear me calling you in my head?" I asked confused. She must have heard me. So then why didn't she reply?

"Oh you were? Sorry I forgot to tell you. I can't read your mind. I can read everyone elses but I can't read yours.... I wonder why?" I wonder too. Am I really dumb? So dumb she can't read my mind? Or am I really smart? I hope its the smart one or... Well yeah I prefer to be smart rather than dumb.

We soon reached this water room (author's note: its the same one as in the last chapter) I saw the door open and a whole lot of figures lying on the floor.

"Shhh.." I said and I went first. Cause isn't that a guys job? To go first when theres danger? Not that they needed help really... But anyway....

I stepped closer and closer to the figures. I could hear faint snoring coming from them. Oh. They're asleep. Soon I was close enough to see who the figures were. When I realised who they were I shot an anxious glance at Kaylee. She was staring down at the figures. A look of disgust and faint betrayal flashed in her expression before it was gone. Her cold stare fixated on me. She jerked her head forward. I sighed but stepped past them.

The room had a water floor and was self coloured. I waved my hand and several lily pads appeared across the water llike stepping stones. I went first hopping onto the first lily pad and then hopping onto the next. In this routine we slowly made our way across the room to the door at the end.

I stepped through the door and held it open for Kaylee. I let go of the door.

"Oof, thanks for holding the door for me! Really kind of you." said Raylise sarcastically. Oh yeah. She's still here. Oops. My bad.

Sorry Raylise, I'm too busy thinking about Kaylee, I thought.

"You're thinking 'Sorry Ray, I'm too busy thinking about Kaylee' aren't you?" she rolled her eyes.