Chapter 22

So here's Chapter 22!!!!

Please VOTE COMMENT ETC.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry for not uploading for aages but sadly we've been busy! SO please don't be too mad/ angry with us o.o *puppy dog eyes* Can't say no to those!!

Ok so read ahead!!!!!

_________________________________________________________________________________

Maddie's POV

My mind snapped back to reality after hearing my stomach growl. Ugh, I haven't had food in aaages.

"You hungry?" Nick asked.

"No, I'm full," I grinned sarcastically. Yeah, I'm hungry! Who knew playing in the snow and watching a stream flow by can sure make someone hungry?

"Okay, we'll just keep watching the stream flow by then..." Nick smirked evily.

"C'mon Nick, you're hungry too. Plus, you never win against me," I nudged him playfully.

"Oh, shut up... yeah, you do," he grinned that heartstopping smile. I nearly got lost in those eyes. I got up to give him a hand, and he grabbed my hand, and with an impact, he knocked me off my feet (literally), sending us crashing on the now-layered snow blanket.

"Nick! Now I'm cold!" I whined, but laughed anyway.

One part of me, wanted him to hug me, for some reason.

"Yeah, right. You just want a hug."

"Am I that obvious?"

He rolled his eyes before wrapping his arms around me. A swarm of butterflies suddenly appeared in my stomach.

What... what's this feeling? Like happiness exploded in my head. Like fireworks in my heart. Even though we're surrounded in this snow, it felt warm because I'm right next to him. I wonder if Nick's feeling the same way I do?

"How long do you think we'll be stuck here for?" I whispered.

"I don't know, but what I do know is that I want this moment with you to last forever," he answered.

"Yeah, me too."

"I---" he started, but we were interrupted with a loud crashing sound.

"Run! Nick, Maddie, run!" Kaylee screamed, fleeing.

We stood up, and there was a gigantic swirling wall of green, blue, and clear water.

It left me wondering if...

"Maddie, let's go!" Nick yelled, so he gave me a piggyback while we (he) ran for our lives.

~//~

Nick's POV

Why, why, why did that have to interrupt us?! My heart was beating a billion times a millisecond. It played that same rhythm like a broken record of a drum. Boom, boom, boom, boom.

"Nick, I'm slowing you down. I'll run with you," Maddie told me. She was probably right, she was pretty good at that athletics running stuff at school, plus that vampire ability of hers... I carefully set her down, within a millionth of a second, she shot off like lightning, with me following closely behind.

"Maddie, do you think we can outrun this?" I gasped out.

"Yeah, we've still got vampire powers, those Preston hasn't taken away from us," she answered. I looked back. The wall of water seemed to have heard her answer, because it started flowing faster, and faster, until it was crashing rapidly only a 50 metres or so away from us. If you think about it, the speed of water, there is a 65% chance we could die. Woooaah, where'd that come from? Now at a time of danger, I remember what happens at maths class?!