Chapter 14

the next chapter!!!

Please VOTE COMMENT READ ENJOY RECOMMEND REVIEW and anything else... oh yeah and FAN please :)

Picture of Preston---------------------->

Read On my fellow... readers for lack of another word :P

Maddie's POV

"Only fools fall in love."

That was a quote I dwelled on for the past... 12 years of my life. I always said I'd never fall in love.

Well, now I'm giving it all I've got.

"Maddie! Don't!" Juliette yelled.

"See you in heaven guys! Maybe except for Raylise!" I shouted, and I have this overwhelming feeling that... gave me all the strength I needed.

"I'm coming!" I yelled down the waterfall, performing a swan dive.

If I was gonna die, at least I was gonna die in the waters of this beautiful waterfall.

"Maddie!!!!!!!!!!" Juliette yelled.

I felt a mixture of water and wind whipping my face.

Nick's POV

I fell back tumbling down into the waterfall. Wind and water whipping my face leaving it stinging. My only thought was goodbye Maddie. I was falling for ages. Well that was before I performed a perfect dive into the glimmering water. It was a greeny-blue you know the magical kind of greeny-blue?

My eyes were wide open. This must have been fresh water because it didn't sting at all. I continued to sink lower and lower in the water. I struggled to reach the surface. But the more I struggled the faster I was being pulled down. I was running out of air, soon I would need to breath. The lower I sunk in the water the darker it got.

Finally I ran out of breath and had no choice but to inhale the water. I closed my eyes and prepared for the closing of my lungs. I took a breath. Nothing happened. I took another breath. Still nothing happened. It was as if I was breathing the normal oxygen. What the hell? Shouldn't I be drowning by now? Maybe I am, and this is all a hallucination. I thought of Maddie. Her brown eyes looked back at me.

I needed to get back to her. I felt a strong need to get out of this waterfall and back up to land where my Maddie was waiting. All of sudden the water started swirling around me. Faster and faster. Soon I started rising. The waters speed increased the more I rised. I looked up and soon reached the surface. The water swirled around carrying me higher and higher until I was riding the water out of the waterfall.

I could see the edge of the waterfall. Then Maddie came into my view. She jumped off the edge of the waterfall. What the hell is she doing?!?! On instinct I reached out. Some of the water that was powering my rise split off. It swirled together and formed a large hand. Maddie fell into the hand. THe hand approached my and I pulled Maddie out of it and held her against me protectively.

"How.... how.... how..." She kept whispering. Must be shock. But she has a point. How is the water helping me? How did it know to save Maddie? It wasn't me, was it? I shook my head. I'll ponder this later. Preferably when Maddie is on safe flat land!

Not long after that I reached the edge of the cliff. Kaylee, Derek, Juliette, Raylise, Preston and Nate were all standing there dumbfounded by my arrival. Haha way to make an entrance Nick. I congradulated myself mentally.

I stepped off the water pulling Maddie along with me. She followed like a rag doll in my arms.

"Maddie? Are you ok?" I asked her worridly. She looked at me blankly.