Chapter 20

Maddie's POV

I woke up to Nick's eyes staring down at me.

"Why is it that the first thing that I see when I wake up is you?" I asked, getting up. I know I fell asleep from too much pain last night (morning? Afternoon?) and now it seems like de ja vu again.

"I don't know. I've been told to stay on guard while you slept with the ground," he answered.

"Ew... with the ground? I feel like I'm cheating on my bed... hehe..." I replied. I got off the ground and brushed myself off.

"Whatever, retard," he teased.

"Ugh... isn't there a nearby lake or waterfall or something? I need to take a shower!" I complained.

"The last time we went to a waterfall... hm... what happened again? I fell off and you dove in after me," he taunted, "there is no way I'm letting you near another waterfall again."

"Why? You'll miss me too much when I'm gone?"

"As a matter of fact, yes."

"Ngawh... isn't that cute?"

"Shut up..."

"Just joking, Nick."

I laughed and looked around our surroundings. What greeted me was peculiar. Only a second ago, this forest we were in appeared to be in the season of spring, and now it's turned into autumn.

"What just happened?" I asked him.

"Dunno, it's been like that since this morning. Summer, winter, autumn, spring."

"I wanna explore."

"Don't you still hurt?"

"A little bit. But *spit* Preston *spit* didn't shake my spirits."

"True. But..." he trailed off and gave me a piggy back. Around the land we roamed, and I saw flashes of green, orange, brown, yellow, and firey red. All around the seasons changed. It wasn't long before we reached a part which was isolated and drowning in snow.

"Winter," I whispered in his ear.

"Yeah. Beautiful," he whispered back.

I hopped off his back. I spun around in amazement. Delicate snowflakes fell about me. I couldn't help the smile that spread across my face. What can I say? I love the snow!! I don't know how the snow didn't melt because from the spring and summer a warm breeze was constantly drifting through this winter wonderland. I cupped my hands around a snowflake and Nick approached me. Our heads bent over the little snowflake that lay in my hands. It was beautiful each point perfectly shaped almost all of them identical.

Snowflakes, they're like people. Each unique in their own way.

"The snow's fun, isn't it?" he whispered.

"Yeah, it is..." I whispered back. He stared at me intensely with those sky blue eyes of his.

My face broke into a huge smile.

Into my hand, I scooped out a handful of snow, then rubbed it in his soft chocolate brown hair.

"Tshehe..." I giggled.

"You're lucky you're partly injured, otherwise I would've done..." he shoved some snow into my hood, then the cold stuff slid into my hair.

"...that."

"I'll get you back!" I laughed, and chased him around the winter wonderland. I picked up a ball of snow. I held it in the palm of my hand and with the advantage of my speed quickly threw it at him with as much force I could pack in behind it. The snowball hit him in the back and he fell forward and landed face first into the snow.

I ran up to him and stood in front of him laughing as he looked up at me snow covering his face so he looked like a kid who just dove into frozen ice-cream. A light flashed and we turned to see Raylise standing there holding the video camera smirking at us.

"Aww if it isn't a little romance between the youngsters" She teased. Me and Nick exchanged glances. Then together we each picked up a ball of snow and hurled it at Raylise. One snowball hit her in the face and another hit her some where else so it looked like she wet her pants. Nick and I cracked up laughing.

"Urgh!!! You guys are so dead!!!" She shrieked trying to get the snow off her face and pants.

"Uh oh. Time to run!" I said before taking off running away from Raylise leaving Nick to pull himself off the floor. Hope Raylise doesn't get to him first!

"Argh!!!" I heard someone hit the floor. Oops looks like Nick got taken down by Raylise. I hid behind a tree and saw Raylise sitting on Nick pummelling him with snow. He was frantically trying to turn his head and avoid Ray's wrath but to no avail did it work. If anything it got more snow on his face. Haha! I'm safe here in my hide out. I blinked and looked back to where Nick and Raylise had been. They were gone. I looked around but didn't see them. Suddenly I was grabbed from behind.

"AHHHH!!!!" I screamed. I heard Nick laughing. Oh so he was the one who got me. Ok then. No wait! Not ok!! I just realised Raylise was getting a ball of snow ready.

"Nick let go of me!!!! SHE'S GOING TO PUMMEL ME TO PULP!!" I shrieked loudly.

"Exactly." He said in my ear.

"NOOO!!!!! YOU TRAITOR!!!!!!!!" I yelled struggling to get away. Then the snowball hit my face.

"GAH!!" I said, shaking the snow off my face only for another dose of snow to cover it again. Then she threw a snowball at my butt so it looked like I too had wet my pants.

"Hey!! How do you know that it was my snowball that made it look like you wet yourself!!" I cried out. Dang this is cold!!

"True." she said and threw a snowball at Nick as well. Great, now it looks like we had a wetting ourselves competition! Thank a lot Raylise, thanks a lot.

________________________________________________________________________________

THe end of this chapter!!

Author's Note:

Woo! 20 chapters who knew we'd get that far??

Well actually I did :) I'm psychic!!

So please vote comment vote fan vote recommend vote read vote enjoy vote and VOTE!!! in case you didn't get where I was going I want you to vote. Just in case you didn't get my point :)

Sorry for any mistakes in here :P I tried to edit but I may have forgotten some things....

Ok so coolipop

Love from kristy and marz and Rina!!