You Read My Mind; Literally//Minho

Prompt: Y/N and Minho find out that they are able to speak telepathically which comes with a few secrets being revealed. 

You wake before Minho does which you're immediately grateful for. This means that you can spend an hour or two with Minho before he leaves the Glade and tackles the Maze for another day, you hate waiting all day just to say 'Hi' and then go to sleep. It's probably more than that, but to you it feels very little.

After you get dressed in plain dark shorts and a slightly over-sized blue shirt, you race down to the Kitchen and pick up some food from Frypan who had set it out: already knowing you'd be up early to eat it. Then you meet Minho at his usual spot on one of the picnic tables by an old looking tree. "Mornin' Minho." You say as you take a seat across from him. You nod a good morning at Thomas, who's beside Minho, and he replies with a sleepy yawn mixed in with a barely noticeable nod.

Minho smiles with amusement, "Got up this early just to see me?" You sure wish; shank.

"What?" You ask, confused. You swear you heard him say something else... but it sounded weird. It didn't sound the same as when someone spoke aloud... it sounded closer, but really like there was no sound at all. You definitely knew it must have come from Minho but you don't remember his lips moving, maybe you need more sleep.

"I said: got up this early just to see me?" He chuckles, "Maybe you should go back to bed."

"You shake your head, "Nah, who'd want to use that much effort to see you?" You make it clear that you're joking, and you both laugh.

"She's hanging out with you too much, Minho." Thomas says as he finishes his food, "I can already see the sass."

"I'm already sassy." You spit back, no way would you let Minho take the credit for that. "Look, maybe I'm just out here because I consider you two my friends and I'm trying to make an effort at being a good friend." You admit.

"Oh." Minho says, evidently a little bit surprised. "Thanks." Thanks? Really Minho, you could have said something better than that!

You furrow your brows, "Sorry?"

Minho only chuckles, "I think you need to get your ears checked." And with that, he leaves the Glade, Thomas too, and you wait until his return by hanging out with Newt and occasionally helping out with the Builders as you're supposed to.

***

It's just after dinner by the time you spot Minho: looking clean and fresh. His hair is slicked back, obviously wet from the shower he just had. You run over to him to greet him and ask how he's going after spending yet another day out in the Maze.

Why does she even look gorgeous after a whole day's of work? I probably look like a slinthead. "Yeah, I'm alright. The Maze was the same, like always." He says as we take a seat off to the side of the bonfire.

"You don't look like a slinthead." You say casually, as if he'd think that? He's the most attractive human being you've ever laid eyes on; no doubt about that.

"I –how?" He starts but then shakes it off. "How about your day?"

"It was alright. I snuck away from helping out with the Builders because Gally was pissing me off, kept saying that I couldn't do my job properly; that shank. So I just hung out with Newt all day." It's true, Gally is always harsher on you than any of the other Gladers and you're pretty sure it's because you're a girl. You got chosen to be a Builder for a reason, obviously you can do it correctly.

"Sounds like that shank needs to be told a few things..." He starts while glaring over at Gally.

"No..." You say, placing your hand on his arm closest to you, "Its' okay. Really. I can handle a slinthead like him."

"Alright..." Of course she can defend herself, she's Y/N. The strongest, toughest, beautiful girl I've ever seen; considering I've only seen one that I remember, but still. No way could I feel like this about every girl I meet.

Wait... what? Did you hear Minho correctly? You open your mouth to say something but then change your mind and close it again. It was like he was talking to himself, and there was no way you could have mistaken that his lips weren't moving. Because they definitely didn't. He only said one word, well, that matched his lips.

I wish I could kiss her. Minho's head turns towards the bonfire, the fiery flames reflect their flickering in his gorgeous eyes. You could stare at him forever if he'd let you. Wait a second...

I wish I could just grab her right now and kiss her, hug her; hold her. Call her mine...

Where is this voice coming from? No... it's not really a voice... it's more of a knowing. Like the words just pop up in your head and form a sentence. Someone is somehow communicating in your mind and you can't figure out how... All you know is that someone is Minho. Again, you're not exactly sure how you know that; it's just a knowing. Every word brings Minho into mind. Brings his presence. But how, and why?

I like her so damn much... why can't I just admit it to her? Am I that scared of rejection? For shucks sake, I face the Maze every damn day of my life; so why is this so hard to do?

"I..." Your voice fades but you can feel Minho looking at you, confused. "I like you too... Like, a lot."

How did she? "You –you like me?" His voice sounds surprised. "How did you know that I like you?"

You sigh, maybe you're going mad; maybe not. "You told me."

"No... No I didn't." He says as he looks at you, very confused. "I was thinking about it, yes. But I never said a word."

I know. You say this in your mind as you think of Minho, and you hope to klunk it works.

"What the..." He shakes his head in disbelief, "I just heard your... your thoughts?"

Mhmm.

This time, it's Minho. Well at least we can talk dirty to each other whenever we want.

"Minho!" You say as you slap his arm, "you're a pervert." You laugh and so does he; of course he'd want to use this... telepathy skill in that way.

Sorry. There's a long pause before Minho continues, can I kiss you?

You wait a moment, savouring every second of the suspension; the feeling of someone wanting to kiss you. Hell yeah.

He slides in closer to you and brings his hand up to cup the side of your jaw. He stares longingly onto your lips before he gently presses his onto yours, filling you with a sweet sensation. His lips move in sync with yours as you both satisfy each other's needs; wants. Your hand moves to press against his chest, not to push him away but to feel his heart race. Then you slide it up to hold onto his shoulder as you both deepen the kiss.

Then you both pull back and take a breath, lips only centimetres away.

Holy shuck.

You giggle, I know; I'm pretty good, right?

Slim it. You can almost hear the growl in his voice as he utters those words.

You look up from his mouth to his eyes which stare lovingly back into yours, he blinks and then slowly whispers, "You have no idea how long I've wanted to kiss you like that, Y/N." His lips brush against yours as he speaks, his eyes never looking away from yours.

"Oh," You say; a little above a whisper. "I know."