Kiss Me All You Want But Don't Lick My Face//Newt

Prompt: Y/N and Newt are secretly together, constantly hiding it from the other Gladers until one day... they accidentally flirt with each other around their friends. 

Newt gently pecks your lips, "Off you go!" He says enthusiastically. But before you can leave the Glade for the day he quickly wraps you up in his arms again and places small butterfly kisses all over your face and your neck. You try to push him off, since you really have to be going but his grip grows tighter; you start laughing uncontrollably.

"Y/N?" Minho shouts after you and you immediately push yourself away from Newt and pretend to laugh at something he said. "What's so funny?" He looks between you two suspiciously.

"Uh –nothing." Newt says quickly but you immediately cut in before he can stumble over more words and make Minho think suspiciously of the both of you even more than he does now.

"Well, not nothing." You start and jog over to Minho, "Just an inside joke."

Minho shrugs and heads over to his Maze entrance and you mouth a goodbye to Newt before disappearing into your own section for the day.

You get back late and you hate yourself for it. Everyone surrounds themselves around tonight's bonfire, trying to have fun like usual. But you spot Newt waiting by your entrance looking worried to the core and your stomach drops. You hate making Newt worry and you can't but help feel an extreme guilt weigh you down.

"You bloody slinthead."

As soon as you hear his voice, you roughly pull Newt into your arms and feel his body shake and tremble. "I'm sorry... I'm sorry... I am so sorry Newt..."

His voice croaks, "Its' okay... it's alright, I'm glad you're back in one piece..."

"I didn't mean to make you worry." You pull your head away from leaning into his chest and say, "I accidentally took a wrong turn and by the time I realised it, it was almost too late... I am so sorry."

The doors behind you scrape to a close and you shudder from thinking that you could have still been inside if you didn't realise that you headed to the wrong section.

Newt hugs you tighter and kisses the egdes of your mouth making your heart race. "Its' okay... It's okay." He mumbles as he presses more kisses down your face towards your neck; occasionally nipping at the skin with his teeth. You want to kiss him back but twigs snap.

And then you hear footsteps and like always, Newt throws you away from him in an embarrassed, worried rush. Minho comes into view and as soon as he lays eyes on you he scoops you up into a hug. "I thought you weren't coming back, you shank."

You hug him back, "I'm sorry... I –I took a wrong turn and-

"It's alright. I'm just glad you're okay, but next time?" He pulls away from the hug, "Make sure your shank-self knows where you're going, alright?"

You nod slowly and all three of you walk over to the bonfire and take a seat around it with the other Gladers. Frypan comes out with a plate of food he saved for you and you take it gratefully, muttering a thanks before your fingers fumble all over it, then demolishing it all.

"Hungry?" Minho teases.

"Shuck-yes." You say with a slight burp, then you place the plate down beside you and lean back against Newt's lap; you forgot he's sitting behind you. You quickly become too comfortable to get up again; surely no one would think anything of this, right?

"So, where did you exactly take a wrong turn? Do you remember?" Minho asks before taking a swig of Gally's Secret Recipe.

You feel Newt untangle your hair from a tight ponytail before gently raking his fingers through it. For some odd reason, it gives you a sense of peace and reassurance. He continues to play with your hair as you answer Minho's question, "I think it was when it comes to that split in the path; the one with absolutely no ivy at all. So I must have thought I saw a tinge of green and thought of a different part. I went left instead of right."

"Oh alright." Minho says wearily. "Too bad it was only that."

Newt's fingers gingerly brush against the back of your neck and you only just supress a loving sigh. "What do you mean?"

"I mean that if it was something different, something out of the ordinary then at least we could note something down that is different in the Maze..."

"One day, Minho, one day we'll get out of here."

Newt ties, what you think is a braid, your hair off with a dodgy hair tie that you made since the Creators haven't sent some down yet, even after the two weeks you had asked. Your fingers graze lazily over your hair and you feel all sorts of twists and knots; you laugh softly at his masterpiece.

You lean your head back into his lap and stare up at his slightly tired, but proud, face. "Thanks for your contribution."

He eyes you off sassily, "It looks better than what you usually do with it."

You sit up from his lap and turn around to face him, "Excuse me?"

"You heard me, shank."

You shove his shoulder and he dramatically falls back and groans, only trying to make you feel bad. But you don't buy it, instead you jump on top of him and keep him pinned to the ground; you feel his legs stretch out from underneath you. Your face hovers over his and you poke out your tongue and drop your head closer, threatening to lick his face.

"Don't. You. Dare."

You giggle and lick the top of his nose; he groans with disgust. "You're gross."

You lick him again.

"Stop..." He squirms from underneath you. He pushes you off him and mutters something about you being the most disgusting shank he's ever known.

"Hey, I'm pretty sure you've had this tongue in your mouth before so I don't know what you're complaining about..." You warn and then immediately your breath hitches as you realise what you just let slip.

Newt looks over at you, his eyes wide but also looking very amused.

"Wait a second..." Thomas starts and Minho looks at you both with his jaw dropped.

"I, uh –that's not what I meant." You say quickly, trying to dismiss the idea even though you know it's way too late for that.

"Y/N, it' too late." Newt says with a grin.

"You two?" Minho looks between the two of you and then turns back to Thomas, "Did you know?"

Thomas shakes his head, laughing at Minho's reaction. "Why didn't you tell us?"

"You'd be all over it; all the time." Newt says, "How else would we get our privacy?"

"I mean, I always thought there was something going on, but nothing that you two knew. I was waiting for the day that you'd confess your love for her; you shank! And all this time you've been sticking your tongues down each other's throats!" Minho chucks his hands in the air; frustrated. "I mean, I'm happy for you two but I was so keen to see it happen! Dammit!"

"Sorry to... disappoint?" You say, rather awkwardly.

"You better be." Minho glares and an awkward silence fills the air, you suddenly regret saying what you did. But it just slipped from your mouth... You make a note to think before you speak next time.

Then, Thomas speaks up, "So... have you two done it yet?"