Let Me Love You//Gally//Part 1

Prompt: You and Gally constantly argue and fight, to the point of it being a problem for other Gladers. But the heat between you two isn't just irritation.

PART ONE

"Hey, Y/N, can I talk to you for a quick sec?" Alby beckons you over with a small wave of his hand. You know that whenever Alby does this it means no good will come of it. To be completely honest with yourself, he does intimidate you. And you worry he knows that.

"Sure."

"I heard you and Gally last night." He says seriously, a frown turning his usual smile upside down. "You two were awfully loud."

You are only just able to supress the blush, "We were arguing."

Alby eyes you off for a moment, "I... know that...? What were you implying?"

"N-nothing!"

He stares at you for one more moment before shaking his head, "Anyway, like I said, you two were loud. So loud that I had to block my ears with my own shuck-pillow. I know you don't get along with Gally, not many people do, but you need to grow up. Get over whatever he does or says to piss you off because I need my beauty sleep and so does every other shank in this place, got me?"

You look to your feet shyly and mumble, "I can't help that he angers me so much... Every time he opens his damn mouth I want to smack him right in the middle of his face!"

"But you wouldn't do that, now, would you? Don't want to break any of the rules we have here."

"Of course Alby... I was just... never mind." Alby turns to go but you quickly catch him before it's too late, "I try to get along with Gally, I really do, but he doesn't make it easy for me either."

"I already had this chat with him this morning so I expect better behaviour from the both of you." He heads towards the Homestead as soon as he finishes the conversation, leaving you feeling a little down about your situation. Ever since... If Gally wasn't such an ass to you on your first day in the Glade then maybe things would be different.

"Hey, you know what I want to see?" A boy near Gally and the rest of his awful Builder gang says with a wicked smile and challenging eyes. He looks over at you for a split second and then back to Gally, you try to ignore them and continue eating your lunch on a picnic table beside their fighting ring, but you are suddenly overwhelmed with thoughts of regret on sitting here and you fight the urge to think negatively about yourself. "I want to see Y/N fight Gally."

You immediately drop your fork onto your plate and stare up at the unknown boy, maybe his name was Trent, but you don't really care. You're not astonished, not even the slightest bit surprised, you're just irritated. Irritated already and you haven't even said a word to Gally since earlier in the afternoon. "You're kidding me right?"

"What, you're scared to fight this beast?"

"Well, he definitely is a beast, monstrous at that. You've always been this ugly?" You smile quite rudely over at Gally who rolls his eyes in reply. No witty comeback like usual?

"You're always fighting each other verbally, how about you settle it once and for all?" The kid presses, his blue eyes excitedly lighting up at the idea.

Gally puts a hand on the kid's shoulder, "Look Trent, it wouldn't be fair..."

You jump up from your seat, your arms crossed over your chest. You stare at Gally, and he stares back. A slight confusion reflecting in his eyes, but his stare soon becomes a glare. "You think I can't fight you?"

Gally mimics your manner, your tone, "You think you can?"

You rush into the roughly drawn circle, and as soon as you do the Builders rush out of it –surrounding you in a ring of war. Other Gladers from lunch start to wander over to, obviously entertained by the commotion.