Insomniac//Gally

Prompt: You have nightmares, intense ones that seem to shadow something from your past but you can't quite remember what. But maybe you are able to find comfort in another fellow insomniac...

You wake up, like you've been physically thrown across the room. Unfortunately, you land on your back, your legs twisted and tangled up in the sheets from your bed. You blink and try to figure out where you are... or where you were, before you fell out of bed.

But the dreams that haunted you, the flashing of green and blue, the groans of cracked-skin men and woman were but a distant picture in your mind... soon to slip back inside the part of your brain that is forever locked to you.

You raise your arms over your head, your hands sliding against the wooden floor, trying to find something to help you get detangled from your bed sheets; but it's no use. You blink more, trying to regain the sense of being able to see in the pitch black darkness that has enveloped your room.

You soon give up, surrendering to the enemy of blankets and the darkness of your room. You lie there, sick of the sweat that seems to pool around you often when you're sleeping in bed. Sick of the heat outside and in. You wipe the droplets from your forehead, you tried everything like sleeping in only a singlet and undies tonight, but nothing has worked. You just must be prone to nightmares, no matter the temperature.

Suddenly there is a knock on your door, and when you don't reply, it swings open only slightly. "Y/N?" You recognise his voice; Gally. But you're surprised he's here at your door, he rarely ever speaks to you and when he does it's reminding you of the work you have to do.

He continues to push the door open, "I'm sorry for just barging in but I heard a noise..." The light from the hallway outside, which is bare and weak, flickers past him and spills into your room. Suddenly you can see properly, and you can also see the confusion plastered on his face.

"You're not dead, are you?"

You giggle faintly, "I'm not dead, just a little tangled," you gesture to the sheets still wrapped around your legs.

"Why... why are you on the floor?" He seems a little alarmed and uncertain still, but nevertheless he comes to your aid and frees your limbs from the blanket prison.

"You're asking me?"

He swallows, nervously or out of irritation? You can't choose. "Well, yeah, since you're the one on the floor."

You get up from the floor as Gally does and ignore the look he gives you, as well as the fact that he stares at the lack of clothing you have on. "I don't know; I often wake up in that position." You gather the sheets up in your arms and dump them onto your bed. You then go over to the window and open it fully, a somewhat cool breeze blowing against your sweaty slicked body. 

Gally hesitates, you don't see it but you feel it. However, he surprises you yet again by coming to stand in front of the window beside you, "Nightmares?"

You look up at him suddenly, and then back out the window. The dark sky shadows the green grass, making it look like an ocean instead of a field. "I think so... but every time I wake up I can never remember what it was." You laugh, push your hair out of your eyes, "Maybe I'm just messed up or something."

Silence settles between you two, but only for a moment. "I have them too, nightmares."

You swallow, realising that your throat is intensely dry and in need of moisture. You reach for the bottle of water beside your bed and swallow a mouthful, "Do you remember them?"

He sighs, "Sometimes... sometimes I don't."

"What are they of?"

At first he doesn't answer, and you see the haunted look in his eyes and suddenly wish you hadn't asked.