Misjudged//Minho

Prompt: You misjudge Minho and treat him badly for it, but one day you realise you were wrong and have to make up for it.

You keep your back pressed up against the wall of what seems like an endless elevator going up and up. Whatever, wherever, you will reach at the top send shivers down your spine and goose-bumps along your skin just thinking about it. Whoever put you in here messed with your mind, you can feel it. Something is wrong but you can't quite put your finger on it, at least not right now. You try to keep yourself somewhat calm but the unknown only makes your worrying worse, and you are surprised when you realise a sort of anger bubbling up from the pit of your stomach.

Soon the elevator grinds to a stop and you hear an alarm screeching from outside. The door above the cage slides open and immediately the sun shines through the cage roof which is something you quite didn't expect. As you rode up you were thinking you'd end up in some sort of prison or dark, old building with ratty people clothed in the same outfit they arrived in many years ago. The cage doors swing open and you see a mass of people crowding around the cage.

One boy helps you out of the cage, your feet touch the dusty ground and your eyes search around the place you have been brought to. What amazes you the most is the lining of big concrete walls around the area you stand in.

"The name is Newt," A boy with blond hair and brown eyes, a half-grin too, says with his hand outstretched towards you, "Yours?"

"I..." You somewhat feel claustrophobic. The mass of people that surrounds you makes it harder for you to breathe, and the great giant walls only makes it even worse. Your eyes stop once they spot the huge gap, who knew there would be an opening in this place. An exit. Your eyes light up and you suddenly push pass Newt and the other boys. They stumble at each of your pushes and shoves, your paces becoming faster and faster. Soon you are running with quick feet and a racing heart. You hear yells and shouts behind you but all you can think about is running away from this place. Running. Getting out.

You sprint through the exit but you're immediately smacked down onto the dirt. Winded and aching you slowly prop yourself up and stare up at what knocked you over... or more like who. The dark-haired boy looks down at you astonished, "Where in the shuck did you come from?"

You open your mouth but immediately close it, you try to gather up some thoughts before you talk but nothing comes to mind, your earliest memory is of the cage, "I... don't know." You look up at the boy with a glare in your eyes, a rush of anger bursts from within, "Why don't I know?" You jump up onto your feet, "Where in the world am I?" You turn around again and see a few of the boys, like Newt, rushing over to where you stand. You turn back to the strange boy with sudden irritation, "Don't you dare think you can smack me down like that either you-

The boy holds his hand up, his face creased with confusion and annoyance, "I did not smack you down. You ran into me."

"You came out of nowhere!" You shout, but as you look behind the boy you see corners and trails of the same concrete walls that are surrounding the rest of the place. You take a step around the boy and peer in, it's like some sort of... maze.

He yanks you back in front of him and then drags you away from the exit, "Non-Runners aren't allowed in the Maze, ever."

You catch a gasp in your throat, you were right, there is a maze out there. Why would you be placed into something like this? How? You suddenly sink back into reality, shaking away the rushed thoughts zooming through your mind. You whip your hand from his grip, "Don't touch me you slime-boy."

"Slime-boy!?" The boy laughs, "It's Minho, you slinthead."

"You're the slinthead!"

Minho looks at you, "You don't even know what that means." He pushes you towards Newt and a few other people whom look angry and rather annoyed. "Why is this Greenie runnin' all over the damn Glade like a headless chicken?"