Make Outs N' Such//Newt

Prompt: Newt gets jealous because Gally constantly flirts with Y/N.

"If you had to choose one Glader that you'd make out with, who would it be?" Gally asks just after you join the group of boys in front of the bonfire. As soon as you hear this question you grow nervous but you immediately know your answer...as if you'd tell them!

"Only twelve year olds play this game." You mutter, hoping it will diminish their desire to know your answer.

"That's okay, we all know you'd totally make out with me." Gally says with a wink your way as the other Gladers around you laugh, except Newt and Minho; Newt seems annoyed and Minho looks bored. Although you're sure Gally is only joking, his small statement and wink make you blush anyway.

"I'd ask you which Glader you're most attracted to, but we all know the answer to that one as well." Gally says and pulls more hoots and laughs from the crowd again while he smiles at all the attention. Then he jumps up from his seat beside Winston and sits beside you; smirking. His arm reaches around your shoulders, pulling you closer to him.

"Uh-

"You know you love it." More shouts, more laughter. You start to feel a little uncomfortable but you know that Gally is only doing this for the attention from the crowd; that's it. But then again, maybe being the butt of the joke isn't the greatest feeling.

You take a quick break in the toilets and then come outside, making your way towards the bonfire again when you first see Newt. He looks slightly pissed; frustrated. So instead of returning to a flirtatious Gally and the rest of the Gladers, you head over to Newt.

"Hey Newt," He turns around at the sound of your voice, "You all good?"

He kicks at the grass and dirt, "I'm fine."

You already know that when someone says it like that; it's code for they're actually not fine. You start considering that Minho stole his underwear again but you're almost 90% sure Newt wouldn't get this pissed over something like that. "Doesn't sound like you're fine."

"It doesn't matter." He says, which almost comes out as a growl.

"Newt, it does matter." You take a few steps closer and catch his eyes in yours. "So what's up?"

"Nothing that you'd care about." He shakes his head, "Why don't you just go back to your boyfriend and leave me be?"

"I'm pretty sure I just said it matters to me if you're okay or not." You say, growing more annoyed by his jerky mood by the minute. As if he thought you didn't care! How many times have you two helped out each other in the past? Do those times mean absolutely nothing to him? "And if it matters then I must care, right?"

"Oh don't you lie to me, you shuck-face!" He shouts and you stumble back a few steps as he raises his voice. "I saw you and Gally; you don't care one single shuck about me!"

You screw your eyebrows up in confusion, obviously this shank has it all wrong. "Are you a slinthead? Gally was just joking around!"

"Joking around!?" He laughs, but not in the usual hearty way. But instead a sarcastic, demeaning sort of way. "You guys were all over each other!"

"He was just doing it for the crowd." You say sternly, "Why do you give a shuck about that anyway? If I did like Gally in that way, it doesn't mean I wouldn't care about you too!"

"So you do like Gally?" He questions, his voice suddenly soft; worried.

You look up at him, "As if that's all you got from that!" You shout, furiously. "You're so infuriating!" You could seriously whack him in the face right about now.

"But you said-

"I said if I did. If."

"I... just." He looks up at you with a sort of darkness clouding his eyes. "Can't you just tell me the truth?" He sounds tired; worn out.

You throw your hands up in a surrendering manner, "You're so blind. Blinded by your insecurities, by your anxieties!" You turn to walk away and shake your head, "I'm over it."

"Y/N!" But you ignore him and keep walking, you're fed up. Fed up that Newt can't see the truth because he's so worried about other things that mean absolutely nothing.

"Y/N, stop!" A hand grabs onto your arm and pulls you backwards, spinning you around to face the shank. "I'm sorry...I should have listened to you. I was angry because I –I was jealous of Gally."

You keep silent.

"I was jealous because I like you. Because I want you to be mine..."

You roll your eyes, "About time, shank."

His eyes light up with excitement, "You –seriously?"

You let out a half-hearted chuckle, "Yes, I'm bloody serious." You open your arms up and give him a nod; gesturing for him to accept your embrace.

Fortunately he does, he leans into your arms and you hug him tightly. He drops his head so it leans into the crook of your neck and mutters an only just coherent sentence, "I'm so... I'm so sorry, Y/N..."

You stroke the back of his head, the strands of his hair silk between your fingers and he sighs lazily under your touch. "It's okay... I can handle a jerky, jealous mood now and then." You pause and then continue to say, "Better than the Grievers."

You feel him laugh softly against the skin of your neck: chills crawl over your skin and you peck a kiss on the middle of his forehead. He lifts his head and straightens up his back; staring down at your lips. Your heart picks up a little speed before he touches his lips against yours. Your fingers curl around his shirt before you sigh into the kiss.

"So that's who you would make out with then." Gally says, while every other Glader shouts and applauds. "'Bout time you told her, Newt." Something sparks in Gally's eyes... and now you wonder if he knew Newt got jealous easily...

Newt looks over at you and rolls his eyes but you slap his arm playfully. "Well, he's right; you know."

"Oh, slim it." He says with an embarrassed laugh as he slides an arm around your shoulders.

"So you don't want me to make out with you?" You question with a raised eyebrow while walking towards the bonfire behind the large group of Gladers.

"Shall we go into my room and find out?"