The Date//Newt//Part 1

Prompt: In an Alternate Universe where you attend school with characters from The Maze Runner, you are asked to help with a fundraiser for the track team -- Minho's orders. But what happens when you have to recruit the most popular boy in school... for the price of date?

"So," Minho asks, as the track team gathers around to listen to their student captain, "As you all probably know, we desperately need new uniforms. Seriously. These are not only disgusting in their brown and yellow colour scheme, but they are the incorrect material for our kind of sport."

You watch as everyone nods along, yourself included. It's true, ever since you joined the track team you've been begging Minho to change the uniform, it's horribly uncomfortable! Besides, at every competition, your school gets mocked for the ugly colours –even though your team pummels most of them to the ground. There's only one problem however, and that's the school. The school doesn't care enough about their sporting teams –it's all about the music here at Glade High.

"I've talked to the teachers and the principal but they can't spare us anymore money as apparently we already used the track team's budget. Which sucks." Minho looks over the team with hope in his eyes, "But, as I've discussed with some of us already, I'm thinking we can buy them ourselves. If we raise enough money, that is."

A guy called Ben looks over the crowd, "What, sell cupcakes? We are already a bunch of losers for our mustard coloured theme, no way am I walking around the halls selling cupcakes."

You turn to him instantly, "Aw, will that destroy the bare manhood you have left?"

"Slim it, Y/N."

"No," Minho immediately cuts in before you can argue back, "Not a cupcake sale." He looks around at the team again, "I'm thinking of a party."

A lot of people around you groan, but you think this could actually work.

"Hold on, hold on, don't back out yet." Minho raises his hands so everyone stops talking, "We provide drinks, non-alcoholic of course, food and a live band. It's not just going to be some backyard shabby, did-it-in-five-minutes party. And it will be a seven-dollar entry at the door."

Ben sighs, "Alright, sounds good. What do we need to do?"

Minho smiles at his friend's support, "A lot."

In the next five minutes, Minho has allocated people to different jobs to get this party organised, and then lastly he turns to you with a not-so-confident look in his eyes. "Y/N."

"Minho."

"For you, I have a very special job."

You narrow your eyes, "Oh no."

"Oh yes." Minho worriedly wrings his hands together, and you get slightly irritated that he won't just spit it out; although you have a pretty good idea what he's going to say. "I'm relying oh-so heavily on you because... well... you're probably the most reliable person on the team."

You only raise an eyebrow in response.

"Oh fine, look, no more buttering you up, I need you to book us a band."

You tilt your head slightly, "That's not too hard, I have a few friends who could easily play for a night with a cheap price. What kind of music-

"No, no, no." Minho shakes his head, "We need a specific band."

"If you have one in mind already, why don't you just go ask them yourself?"

"Because! I have to find a venue! Besides, you're probably better at talking to him anyway..."