Only Flirt With Me If You Mean It//Thomas

Prompt: Thomas notices your flirty behaviour and gets jealous when it isn't towards him

Your eyes snap open, and darkness surrounds you. You feel the dip of your mattress and the cocoon of blankets envelope you, which used to be comforting most nights, but now all it does is make you feel nauseous. You peel back the blankets and sit up in your bed, your skin slick with sweat and your forehead almost throbbing.

You should have known not to wear too many blankets; you feel like you've been roasted alive almost. And the heat... didn't exactly help with your dreams. You shake your head, as if it would shake the dream away, but it rests there in your mind begging to be thought of. You get out of bed instead, and pull back some curtains to feel the cool breeze of the night. It cools you down, but the voice lingers.

And the touch.

God, you think, how pathetic can you get? You anxiously lick your lips; you have one dream about Thomas and you end up all panicky and confused? You swallow out of nerves, what's gotten into you lately? You've only been here for... around 3 months maybe, and everything's been fine. You've gotten along with a lot of the Gladers, and you haven't had any drama with any of them. So why is your mind set on confusing you?

You remember what you felt when you saw Thomas the first time, but that was just nerves, right? It didn't mean anything, not really. You sigh, and soon find yourself crawling back into bed. You close your eyes and see his face again, feel his touch and your heart races immediately. You turn over and cover yourself with less blankets, actively pushing the dream away from you until you fall back to sleep.

"Rise and shine!" You shout, as you make your way down the stairs inside the Homestead. Gladers who sleep around the bottom level roll over and groan at your enthusiasm. But honestly, by now, they should be used to your wake up calls.

"Remind me again why we still let that shank bunk upstairs?" Gally growls, trying to cover himself with his pillow.

You smile, "Because you love the company of a girl, Gally."

"Get out."

You laugh and know that you won that conversation, so you leave the Keeper of the Builders and his minions to get up on their own terms. Although you know once you've woken Gally up, he becomes too frustrated to fall asleep again.

You spot Minho and Thomas, also early risers, but for the reasons of being Runners; they sit on one of the tables in what seems like a deep conversation. You get a plate of food and walk on over, all the while you try to ush away last night and the dream that you had.

"Mornin!" You say as you slide into on of the seats, opposite Thomas and next to Minho. They both bid you good morning after an abrupt end to their conversation, probably arguing over the Maze again. Or who is the fastest Runner.

"You really love to harass those guys, don't you?" Thomas says through eating his breakfast, while looking over to the Builders as they sleepily make their way to the food. "Every morning... And you know, it's not so great for the rest of us. They become irritable because of you."

You roll your eyes, "Oh Thomas, I'm pretty sure they're already irritable. Especially with Gally as their Keeper."

"Agreed!" Minho laughs, "And Thomas, I'm pretty sure you can't call it harassment."

Thomas raises an eyebrow, "What would you call it then?"

Minho grins cheekily, something close to trouble sparkling in his eyes, "I would call that flirting."

You cough, almost choking on a piece of toast. "Excuse me?"

"You heard me, and we all know it's true, Y/N."