Chapter twenty-three: Safety

(Jake P.O.V)

I woke up the following day wishing for the love of my life, Raven. I missed waking up next to her beautiful face and her sexy body. The way she laughed, talked, drew, and sang. I missed everything about her. 

I got up and walked to the living room as I was about to sit down on the couch when, all of a sudden, my phone rang. I picked it up and looked at who it was, and it was a blocked number, but I still answered it. "Hello?" I said, unsure of whom it was. 

"Hello, Jake. I think I have something that you might want, "Daniel said in an evil voice. As he finished what he said, I heard him put Raven on the phone. "Don't try anything; I need you to tell him what you need him to know," he said to Raven as he placed the phone to her ear.

"H-H-H-Hello, I'm alive, but I'm in a lot of pain; please help me. Jake, help me. I am saving myself. Jake, help me. I am so scared and hungry. " Raven said, crying, and I could tell she was frightened and in pain. 

Daniel took the phone away from her. "I will make a deal with you so you can have you again. If you come to meet me at school at nine p.m; tonight I will give her back, the only thing you have to do for me is one million dollars. "

After that, the line went dead. "Where the hell am I gonna get that kind of money in that amount of time," I said to myself, thinking of what to do when I made up my mind.

I grabbed my phone and called Willow, Josh, Eve, and Micheala. By the time I was done, we had planned for tonight. 

(Raven's P.O.V)

I watched Daniel hang up the phone. I could finally see but couldn't talk due to the gag in my mouth. I was alone again; my hands were handcuffed together, which burned my skin because they were made of silver. 

For some reason, I suddenly got my powers back. Now all I had to do was get their handcuffs off, then get this stupid gag out of my mouth. I realized that I could finally break these handcuffs. I managed to gather enough strength and broke the handcuffs. As soon as I was free, I broke the chains on my legs.

When I was really and finally free, I broke the door then ran as fast as I could. 

(Jake's P.O.V)

I was about to leave to meet Daniel, the asshole that took my wife. I got an unexpected phone call from Raven. I was shocked. I looked at my phone and answered almost right away. "Baby, where are you?" I inquired, concerned about her safety. I heard the door open. When I saw Raven, I was pissed and about ready to kill that asshole. 

I picked up Raven and grabbed the phone, then called nine-one-one. Raven was shaking and crying. The bruises on her skin were everywhere. I was also concerned about the baby, so I rushed Raven out there when I heard the paramedics arrive.

They put her on the stretcher, and I got in the back with her. When we arrived at the hospital, they told the doctors her blood pressure was one forty over eighty. They made me sit in the waiting room. While waiting for the doctor, I decided to go to Micheala, Josh, Willow, and Eve. 

When I told them I had found Raven, they rushed over so fast I didn't even have time to hang up. I was sitting with Adien and Lilith, who were now thirteen plus fourteen. The doctor came up to me and told me Raven and the baby would be fine. I was so relieved to hear that they were okay. The only thing was Raven was going to be in the hospital for four weekends.