Chapter twenty-four: Jake's power

(Jake P.O.V)

It had been three weeks since I found Raven. Today Raven was going to go home. I was so excited about having my baby girl back. You should have seen my face when I found out my unborn fourth child was delicate. 

The doctor came in to discharge Raven and told her she had to be on bed rest for a month or so before doing anything physical. Raven huffed at that, which made me smile and laugh simultaneously. The doctor also told Raven she would be on painkillers and sleeping meds. The doctor finished then left the room. After that, I looked at my two-month-old pregnant wife and smiled. 

"Baby, I am glad you are coming home today," Jake said to Raven, really happy to have her back home. 

"Me too, even though I want to train and do the stuff I usually do. But I can't because of my dad, "Raven said, looking angry. 

Timeskip One hour later, we were at the house, and Raven was lying down taking a nap due to barely sleeping at the hospital. It was five-thirty at night. I had decided to go ahead and make dinner before Raven woke up so she could have it when she woke up. 

I looked around in the kitchen to see what we had to eat. I decided on chicken cheese with rice. While I was cooking, I heard someone moving around. I stopped what I was doing and went to check on Raven. When I got there, I saw Daniel holding my beloved wife, Raven. 

I grabbed my silver knife that was in my back pocket. My dad gave it to me when I was just five years old. I threw it at Daniel's shoulder. I smelt the blood dripping down his arm. I caught Raven so fast he couldn't react in time. I felt my vampire powers take over me. 

I looked at my wife to see if she was okay. I walked over to her to hear her and the baby's heartbeat. 

After seeing that they were okay, I walked over to Daniel's fallen down. I was shocked to find he was gone. 

Just then, Raven woke up next to my chest. I laughed a little because of how cute she looked. She just gave me a look then fell back asleep. I just sat there all night, not going to sleep. I looked at my beautiful wife, whom I loved so much. She was making some cute sounds. I laughed at her then kissed her on the head gently. 

I got up and went to get something, but when I got there, I saw Lilith sleeping. She must have fallen asleep studying for her test on Monday. I walked over to the couch and put a blanket on my daughter. 

I was about to walk off when I smelled blood. I looked outside and found a dead rabbit with a note on it. It reads, "I killed this rabbit. Next, I will kill Raven and your unborn child." When I finish reading the note, I throw it out of anger. 

At this point, I was pissed at Daniel. I was ready to kill him for threatening my wife, baby, and kids, which was a step too far. I heard my wife moving out of bed. I have had these powers since I was born. I have been twenty-six for a long time. I haven't gotten around to telling Raven. 

I have been too afraid to tell her. The reason why is I am worried that she will not love me anymore if I tell her the truth. I stopped thinking because I heard another sound, so I went upstairs to see her getting out of bed. "Hey, baby, I need to tell you something, nervous" nervously. She nodded; I continued "I am a vampire," I said, looking at her shocked face. 

"You're a what!!!" She was shocked at what I had just told her.