Chapter 7-The Ball

A door slamming followed by a person laughing jolts me awake I rub my eyes and look around to find lea smiling smugly at the door, "you guys are unbelievable" she laughs again and starts to make my bed "it's not what you think lea we just slept" she nods. She always knew when I was lying or not. I got up off the couch and hopped into the shower letting the tiredness wash of me, the ball was tonight which meant so was the meeting and I needed to be fully prepared. I didn't want the council thinking I was some silly little girl that knew nothing, I was an alpha and I was going to show them.

Ian had left when I stepped back into my room, lea was shuffling around preparing for what I was going to wear tonight. She looked happy and I smiled "what's up?" She looked up and hesitated before answering "Adam returned this morning, he's in the hospital getting checked but he's fine" I didn't hear the rest because I was already running outside to the hospital, I rushed in through the doors and searched "Adam, where's Adam ?" I asked the nearest healer she directed me to go down the hallway into room 11.

I opened the door and saw Adam sitting up getting blood taken from one of the doctors he turns to me and his face falls "where's Grayson" I ask he stares at me but doesn't reply "where's Grayson!" I yell causing both him and the doctor to wince "leave us" Adam commands the doctor and he nods walking past me and shuts the door. Adam takes of the cords in his arm and comes to stand in front of me, he was taller than me which would of been intimidating but I was his alpha and I had more power over him since I took Graysons place.

"We were ambushed before we got to the dawn falls territory, we hardly even got to see what attacked us but they killed a lot of our guards , but they also took prisoners" he waits letting it sink in "You mean he's alive?!"
"There's no guarantee , but yes I believe he's alive" I nodded extremely happy that there was a chance my brother could be alive , then I remember Adam was Graysons beta, so that now made him my beta I smiled and laughed "come on beta lets go help the other get ready for tonight." He groans and follows "I was hoping you would forget that" he mumbles and I smile, this whole alpha thing wasn't so bad ~~~~

I was exhausted after I finished helping everyone set up the grand hall but I had to admit it looked pretty awesome, even though I hated balls. It had taken most of the day to clear the hall and place everything so it was nearly time to get ready so I headed back to my room to get dressed.

Lea had laid out a beautiful mid way top and long skirt out for me which I thought was way to fancy for my taste but it was a ball and I had to play the part. I slipped it on and put the jewellery on that was laying on my dresser. Lea came in after that and did my hair, "want me to help you get ready"? I ask as she finishes doing up my hair. "I've got a uniform sweetie" she smiles kindly and I finally register what she's wearing. It was a long brown dress with large silver bracelets on each side showing the slavery symbol. We never treated our staff like that but other packs still lived in the old way and since a lot of them would be coming tonight we had to make do with their wishes "I'm sorry Lea" but she shakes me off "don't you dare apologise" she smiles kindly before grabbing my shoes and placing them at my feet "I'll see you down there Luna" she winks at me before leaving.

Placing my shoes on my feet I take a deep breath in, you can do this Peyton you can do this. I reassure myself at least five more times before plucking up the courage to open my door. Adam meets me at the top of the stairs and holds his arm out for me to take, I take it and smile "I'm your guard for the night" he says kindly "are you ready?"
"No" I only half joke before Adam leads me down the stairs and we are introduced "Alpha Peyton from the Nightshade pack and her accomplice and beta Adam". There are bows from everyone but the other alphas in the room, they stood tall.

I walked around and mingled with a few people making small talk with each person for a bit. I eventually got to tired of smiling so I walked over to the table to grab a drink. A few moments later I'm tapped on the shoulder lightly, I turn around and see Ian all dressed up with his hair combed, I thought it was funny since it was always so messy. "Would you like to dance?" He asks holding out his hand I take it as he leads me over to the centre of the dance floor.

He grabs my waist pulling me close and I lean my head against his shoulder as we dance "your not a bad dancer" he whispers in my ear I laugh "your not to bad yourself". After a few more minutes of dancing Adam comes up beside me and whispers in my ear "there ready for you" I give him a nod and kiss Ian on the cheek "I've got to go" he nods and then I take Adams arm as we walk up to the council room.

   After a few more minutes of dancing Adam comes up beside me and whispers in my ear "there ready for you" I give him a nod and kiss Ian on the cheek "I've got to go" he nods and then I take Adams arm as we walk up to the council room

~~~A/N, Hey guys just thought I'd add in a photo of what Peyton was wearing at the ball , hope you like this book so far, thank you for reading :)~~~