Chapter 24-Acceptance

It had been a week since the battle and Grayson had nearly finished packing to move to Amharas pack after I had gotten out of hospital.

They were holding another ball tonight in honour of our safe return and winning off the battle I wasn't to keen on it but I was being forced to go by Kaylee.

I had seen Lea the next morning of my return from the hospital and I told her everything, we spend the day talking or just hanging out, Kaylee had eventually joined us, since she it out of the hospital the same day and we made a girls day out of it.

I had gotten closer with Luca over the week but we still hadn't accepted each other, I wasn't sure if he was ready, heck I wasn't sure if I was even ready yet.

I stood in front of my mirror staring at the dress I had picked out for myself, I had told lea to go get ready and not to help me and she kindly accepting.

I had done my hair in a normal up to not wanting anything to fancy, I was freaking out, what if Luca saw me and he didn't like the dress?, what if I tripped?, God I honestly did hate balls.

Kaylee arrived and we did each other's make up talking about how she hoped she would find her mate downstairs, I felt sorry since Kaylee hadn't found her mate yet but I was certain it would be soon, she was to good not to have another half.

I look up at the clock and notice it's time to go, I take a deep breath In and leave with Kaylee to the ball.

We walk down the stairs arm in arm, and we help each other so neither of us fall. I go straight to the food table needing to eat something and Kaylee gets a drink.

I hear Grayson and Amharas name be announced and go greet them.

They had accepted each other a day after the battle and already were so close, I smiled, I was so happy for my brother.

I let them go dance and head to a table, Kaylee hugs me then go dances with Lea I laugh as a guy asks Kaylee to dance and she winks at me before going with him.

20 minutes pass and I still hadn't seen Luca, he had told me before how he didn't like dances.

I decided to head back to my room when Lucas names is announced, I walk to the bottom of the stairs and he walks down and kisses my hand, I blush and pull it back, "sorry I'm late" he said and I nodded, at least the was here.

He grabs my hand and pulls me into the dance floor, he grips my waist gently "you look beautiful" he whispers in my ear I blush once again, dam stop it Luca, I think to myself.

"I want to say something" he says seriously but doesn't stop dancing, I gulp and nod, this is it, he was going to reject me.

Instead he lifts my chin up and looks into my eyes "will you Peyton Reil accept me Luca as your mate?" He asks with a smirk on his lips "I do" I whisper and he brings my lips to his and our bond grows, a mate tattoo appeared on both our wrists symbolising our connection. Our mind link opened up allowing our thoughts to connect.

I was blissfully happy, as my brother and friends danced around us my mate held me close and I knew, that things were gonna be ok, Luca gives me a nod hearing my thoughts and I lean my head on his shoulder, my old life had ended, I was starting a new and this was just the beginning. 

THE END.....

For now.