Chapter 8-Pakeha

My palms were sweating as I walked towards the council room, I started fiddling with my dress pretending to smooth it out as I walked, Adam laughs and shakes his head "what" I grunt not looking up. "I've never seen you nervous before, your always the calm one, Grayson was the nervous one" he was right, I had to get my act together if I was going to talk to the council like an adult. I approach the doors and Adam opens them for me. Let's get this over with.

All the alphas were already here, I was surprised to see that they were all fairly young probably most around in their 20s to 40s, I had always imagined the Pakeha alphas to be a bunch of old people, apparently I was wrong.

Adam stayed near the door leaving me to fend for myself as I walked further into the room watching all the members greeting each other happily, a few where already seated obviously not that impressed that they were being called for a meeting.

"Ah you must be Peyton, truly sorry for your loss" a tall main says as he approaches me shaking my hand "you talk like my brothers dead?" I speak quietly but harshly. "Yes well anywho I'm Piers Quinn Alpha of the Grey Snow pack" he says before walking away and taking a seat. What an odd man.

A few others came up to me and introduced themselves and I smiled politely and tried to act sophisticated I was just about ready to sit down when the doors open and a woman strides in and the room falls eerily silent.

She was stunning, her light white hair fell down to her chest and her bright green eyes seemed to pierce but stun anyone who looked into them, she was wearing a beautiful long gown that has obviously been made just for her by the way it clung to her body. This must be the head leader of the council, I had heard about her through stories as one of the strongest alphas there was, she was the best warrior of our century and stories said she was ruthless, she also had the biggest pack that had ever existed, I just didn't believe how true the stories really were.

While I was still captivated by seeing this alpha she started walking towards me which snapped me out of my trance, why was she coming over here? Stop freaking out calm down, I told myself. She stood in front of me and smiled "hello , I'm Amhara alpha of the Crimson pack, you must be Peyton?" I nod unable to speak, she lowers her tone so only I can hear " I'm sorry about your brother, but I believe he's still alive and I will figure out who's doing this" she commands before taking the head seat. I stand there stunned for a few seconds before finding my feet and walking over to the table to sit.

"First of all I'd liked to say welcome, this council has not been called in a long time and I have not seen many of you since then." Amharas voice surrounds the room loudly yet calm and kind. "You may have heard that the nightshades alpha Grayson Reil went missing a few days ago after he set out to visit the Dawnfalls pack land" a few nods and some concerned faces were all that replied.

"I myself have done some looking around since this alphas disappearance and what I found was quite concerning, wolfs have been going missing or rogue from pack lands and have been seen in large gatherings together looking more wild and rabid than normal" she pauses to let everyone process then continues. "I believe something is happening to these wolfs, weather it be willingly or against their will given to them to make them change into such abnormal creatures but something needs to be done , I request a small group of skilled wolfs to accompany me on a mission to discover more" and with that Amhara quietly sits down waiting for a response. From the rest of her fellow members.

My thoughts were racing this would be the perfect opportunity to try and find Grayson , before I knew what I was doing I stood up "I volunteer as a fighter and companion for your mission."

~~~A/N, above is the dress that Amhara wore to the ball~~~