Chapter 17-Confessions

"Ok does anyone else want to cough up some secret they've be wanting to tell, anyway planning to stab me in the back anytime soon?, maybe you stole something of mine? It's cool just tell me" I yell sarcastically glaring straight at my mother. "Stop being so dramatic Peyton" she scolds, I look over at Grayson who's completely frozen in shock.

She walks up to the throne placing her backstabbing piece of- language Luca suddenly says in my mind and I ignore him.

"Why would you attack peaceful packs!" Grayson yells. "Those attacks where not random, they were an experiment to see what my serum could do to a wolf" she responds as if she was scolding him.

"With these hybrid wolves we can finally rule all the other species we rival against in our world, we could truly be the alphas our Luna made us to be"

"Your crazy" I spit

"Shall we test that theory my dear" she says calmly signalling to one of the nearby guards

"This syrum will put any wolf under my control and turn them into a powerful hybrid capable of destroying anything in its path" she explains as the guards walk straight towards me. "Not a chance" Luca says placing himself in front of me. As soon as Luca has moved guards move towards us all holding each one of us down, and pulling Luca away from me.

If they were to hurt either one of us we'd both feel it. "This rogue seems a bit protective of you Peyton" mother laughs. Good so she didn't know we had mated. "They are mates" Ian says as he walks into the room. Yeah ok great thanks. "Change of plans then, put the syrum into the boy" she commands, my screams die out against the shouting by the others against her new command, the guards hold down Luca as they adjust the needle with the serum into it. "Since wolfs normally die shortly afterwards I'm looking forward to see how this one does" mum says to Ian curiously.

I pull away from the guards grips as they inject the needle into Lucas neck. I wasn't fast enough to reach him before the syrum was injected but I jumped on the guard pushing
Him to the ground before it could be completed injected. "Stupid bitch" the guard moans as I punch him his gave covered in blood, before I get another punch in im kicked of him by another guard, I struggle to get up as the guard comes in for another hit straight to my face busting my lip. I could see Luca struggling with himself as the syrum went through his blood. I couldn't just see it, I could feel the pain. "Attack her" Ian commands to Luca.

I quickly get up stumbling backwards as Luca slowly walks towards me. "Luca" I plead. I couldn't attack him, I wouldn't. He kicks me in the stomach knocking the air out of me, I hit the wall behind me in pain. Grayson was yelling obscenities at mum as she watched on not even blinking an eye towards him. "Peyton fight back god dammit!" Grayson yelled at me. I wouldn't hurt Luca though, I had no idea about the extent of the powers I had been given I could kill him if I wasn't careful. So I wouldn't fight him this way, I'd go for plan B.

I stand up and side step another punch from Luca i start running away and phase into my wolf turning back around to face him. Luca shifted as well, his pitch black wolf towered over mine making me look like a pup. He charges at me in full force his jaw locking onto my back, I howl in pain and spin around jumping onto him. Luca I scream through our link, but the syrum was blocking all of our bonding, it was like he didn't even know who I was.

After going back and forth for what seemed like hours Luca gets me into a death lock on my throat, my vision fades and all I could see was white, I was going to die.

Peyton a voice speaks to me in my mind but it wasn't Luca, it was a women's voice. Luna steps out of the light kneeling beside me, your dying my child and your mate has been corrupted by the syrum. "Please help me" I whimper "I chose you to obtain my powers because I knew you were born to be a strong alpha, I bonded you with Luca because I saw him leading along side you, but if you wish I can break the bond and you will be granted another mate by me" she offers.

"I turn my head towards Luca who was frozen his jaw locked onto my neck. "No I want Luca" I decide, this wasn't him, I knew the man he was. Luna smiles and nods I will reverse the effects of the syrum but he will still be a hybrid just not under anyone's control. "Thank you Luna"

"One more thing Peyton, your mother is not the only one experimenting with things like this, the others who are, call them selves the diverse, and I fear dark times are ahead, use your powers with care.

I nod in understanding "goodbye" I mutter

"Till we meet again my child."

Time seems to slowly unfreeze as Luna disappears and I'm pulled back into the world, Luca drops me and I shift back into my human form to injured. He shifts back as well falling unconscious along side me who quickly followed him to blackness.