Chapter 21- At dawn

Settling back into my normal routine was hard and I was on edge at every corner I turned expecting to be attacked, the pack noticed and would stay clear of me or walk around loudly to announce their presence.

Luca hasn't came out of his room much, the pack was giving him a hard time after they found out where he was from and he felt like he was intruding although I tried o tell him he wasn't.

I knew he just needed time.

I went to the kitchen to grab a snack sitting up on the bench as I ate. It was midnight and I liked walking around when everyone was asleep, ever since coming back from getting Grayson I never slept all night anymore always on guard.

A hear a creak and jump of the bench before putting my knife to the intruders throat.

Luca just smiles, used to me being so paranoid by know. I lower my knife and go back to eating. Luca walks over to me and just watches as I eat. I raise my eyebrow and put my food down "want something?" I ask and he shakes his head "no" he says simply.

Luca normally did this and I had kind of gotten used to it since we met. Neither of us had accepted each other yet I didn't know if he would ever be ready.

I finish and walk back to my bedroom, Luca says goodnight and for the first time since we came back, I fell asleep.
                           ~~~~
"Wake up Peyton, NOW" Lea screams at me and I fall off my bed and stand up "what!" I yell back. "The Grey snow pack has declared war on us, they'll arrive at dawn" she yells, I bolt outside and see I wasn't asleep that long, so it's only around 1 in the morning. That's not enough time.

I turn around and run as fast as I can to Grayson and Amharas room.

I find Kaylee before I get there " there in the council room." She says before grabbing my hand and we run.

Grayson was giving instructions to our warriors as we ran in, everyone in the room was already in full battle armour. Amhara was standing tall next to Grayson and she looked beautiful even in her full armour, and ready to kill.

Grayson told us that a scout informed us of the attack and that the whole grey snow pack was coming, and their alpha and beta were seen at the front line.

So the bastards were still alive! I laugh to myself, not for long.

~~~A/N, hey guys I'm sorry I haven't updated lately I've been busy with school but I've got a bunch of new and exciting chapter for you! P

~~~A/N, hey guys I'm sorry I haven't updated lately I've been busy with school but I've got a bunch of new and exciting chapter for you! P.S, the photo is Amharas armour~~~