eight

"tell you what?"

taehyung leapt out of his seat and dragged jungkook to the couch. jungkook struggled in his clutches, and was not a moment later tossed onto the couch. his friend plopped down beside him and gave him a sharp glare.

"who was that guy outside?" taehyung asked once more. jungkook realized he was talking about jimin. a laugh surfaced from his mouth and he reached over to set a hand on taehyung's crossed arms.

"it's okay. its nobody special." jungkook smiled at him. this seemed to only fuel taehyung's increasing curiosity and agitation from the absence of an answer.

"name? what's he like? he's not an asshole right? he didn't force you for money? or take your wallet?" jungkook continued to laugh at his hyung's questions.

"no!" jungkook stopped him right as he was about to ask another meaningless question. "jimin is just a guy i met at the casino. he was dealing cards so well he seemed like a professional, but he eventually fol–"

jungkook stopped, pondering whether he should tell taehyung about how jimin had cornered him in the bathroom only to tell him he was cute. and did so once again today, only forcing him to let him drive him home. if he said anything about the bathroom, his hyung would get suspicious and ask about it until he spilled all the details. and he couldn't really say anything about how he ended up taking him home from school either without him still get suspicious.

"eventually fol what?" taehyung prodded. jungkook shook his head.

"never mind. anyways, i met him at the casino and ran into him today after uni. he saw i was gonna walk home and said it was too cold so.. he drove me home," jungkook sighed. taehyung sighed as well, and looked over at him.

"you were going to walk home? in this weather?" taehyung blinked. "it's too cold for that! you should have called me." jungkook shrugged.

"i didn't want to bother you."

"for the last time kookie-ah you never bother me. or the hyungs for that matter. we all want to take care of you and we'll be here if you need us. stop thinking you're a nuisance," taehyung groaned. jungkook couldn't help but smile slightly.

"ill keep that in mind hyung."

taehyung rolled his eyes at him and tossed his head back to look up at the ceiling. after some silence he spoke. "what's the guy like anyways?"

at this thought, jungkook had to take a step back and actually look at the type of guy jimin was. he was wasn't pitying in any way, even though jungkook thought that's what he was doing at first. however, he was nothing of the sort.

"he's nice.. generous. thoughtful. i guess a little talkative but... that's okay." jungkook smiled as he spoke, an image of jimin's bright smile flashing in his mind. "plus, he's kinda handsome."

taehyung hit him on the shoulder.

"i don't want to hear about you gushing over a guy you just barely met! are you trying to make me jealous?!" taehyung shoved the younger sideways, sending him roughly into the side of the couch. jungkook laughed and put his hands up in his own defense.

"no hyung,"

taehyung was only teasing, he knew this.

"whatever, let me see this guys number." taehyung snatched the post-it from jungkook's hand and began to read it multiple times, judging from the many times his eyes moved back and forth over the paper.

"give it back, tae," jungkook complained and reached for it. taehyung moved away and continued to scan the set of numbers used to contact jimin. "tae!"

the older handed it back with a laugh. "his number has a lot of sixes. maybe he's cursed."

jungkook rolled his eyes while taehyung looked elsewhere in the room and kept silent. minutes later taehyung hopped up smiling.

"im gonna go jungkook-ah, i was waiting awhile before you came home and now im tired as hell. so see you later," taehyung left through the door, sparing jungkook a small wave before shutting the door behind himself.

jungkook mumbled a goodbye back to him, and curled up on the lump of a couch, thinking about taehyung's odd behavior for a moment. though he was silent after scanning jimin's number multiple times, he didn't necessarily respond to jungkook when he said give it back. it wasn't unusual really, he had to be just overthinking it, but his mind still lingered on it. he could be right.

taehyung just wanted to see if there was actually a number there, because after all, jungkook was never the one to be given a contact when it came to relationships in school or elsewhere. he was always looked down upon.

//i think i found my dream