seventeen

a week or two had passed since jungkook moved in with jimin. both jimin and jungkook got along well. jungkook continued as the younger diva towards the older nonetheless. he would refuse to tell him specific things and act with mischief at times as well, but they had grown so close, who did it matter that he played it tough at times? humor filled his head and jimin laughed.

but it was alright. jimin didn't mind his defensive exterior in the slightest, if anything he found it adorable how he felt the need to protect himself at all times. yet he wanted to show him that around him, it was okay to be himself. he didn't have to worry about being hurt.

jungkook being himself wasn't exactly an impossible thing to achieve though. because throughout these two weeks, they had gotten closer, exponentially closer. so much that jimin found himself wanting to be around the other more, as if they were the best of friends. filled to the brink with joy and light sunshine that kept them laughing when pestering each other. and jimin glad to have jungkook finally accept him as a friend, not a kidnapper.

jungkook was close to being what jimin wanted. open with him.

it had become pretty often that the two would find themselves huddled on the couch in front of the tv at night, watching movies or any show that was suitable for them both at that moment. jimin exhausted after work at the casino, dealing with rude gamblers and agitating escorts at their sides, arrogantly turning up their noses at his inability to garner their men a winning streak. jungkook also brittled into a mental crash after being hammered at college with things to deal with.

when it was a weekend, and jungkook was finished up with university work for now and his small part-time job, they would sit down together and play video games side by side. shouting and yelling wasn't out of the ordinary when it came to the intense race games they chose for each other. in fact, they screamed so much it wouldn't be any surprise if jimin's neighbors decided to come over and swat them with frazzled brooms or move away thinking someone was murdered.

they didn't care though, the two males enjoyed the time well spent together.

after games they would sit in silence, close together staring at their controllers that rested still in their laps, thumbs sore from the violent playing they had just thrown themselves into. then jungkook would laugh and ask for a rematch next time they played.

honestly it made jimin overjoyed. jungkook was trusting him with who he really was, and he was glad that he had waited. because jungkook was a beautiful, beautiful person inside and out.

the end of the year was coming. it was nearly the end of november, and jungkook had some exams approaching. the way jungkook stressed over them was almost as if they were a carriage on a dark path being pulled through the trees by two evil horses that spewed hot air from their bodies. and inside that carriage resided his legitimate killer, schoolwork.

particularly math and english. jungkook wasn't too sharp at those.

he had asked jimin to help him with homework or studying at times, but he couldn't help him at all because it had been awhile since he himself had last been in school.

so jimin called up their friend namjoon to come over and help tutor jungkook.

loud knocks came from jimin's front door and he looked up from the book he held in his lap. jungkook across from him on the couch looked up as well, a notebook and math sheets in his lap.

"is that namjoon-hyung?" jungkook asked.

"yah! jimin-ah! jungkook-ah! open up! it's freezing out here!" the voice of who they were expecting bellowed. jungkook chuckled when jimin got up with a roll of his eyes. he went to open the door for their friend who threw himself inside when the door opened. "thank you.." the door closed behind him with a such a speed that could have been found hilarious.