sixteen

jungkook's eyes snapped open the next morning, a breath of icy cold air being sucked into the deepest parts of his lungs.

he had woken up considerably early, he could tell that much. whether it be from the small slivers of a sunrise that remained on the large canvas known as the sky, or from the small clock that lay on the stand beside him. the male hadn't intended to awake at such an early time, but he felt oddly restless.

jungkook picked himself up from the warm comforter that beckoned to him even as he got up, calling for him to return to the blissful warmth of its bed and the gentle caress of its sheets against his cheek. yet the want of warmth didn't seem to make his restlessness retract in any way, if anything it made him want to move around.

the person approached his door and slowly pulled it open, peering out into the hall. their was a numbing silence that had settled across the condo almost like it was law. a silence that was almost never disturbed at such a time and if it was, there was sure to be some type of acknowledgement. and jungkook seemed to already get just what that acknowledgement was.

how it was so deathly cold inside, he did not know. he did know that it wasn't at all normal, and that he needed to warm up. yet his restless self forbade him from returning to his bed, for that was too easy to do.

jungkook stalked down the empty hall, cold air pricking at his body like needles, desperate to get inside at his bloodstream and halt its task of body heat. a wave of goosebumps moved across jungkook, sending a violent chill down his spine only to stop at the base of his back.

why was it so cold in here?

jungkook shook his head. the energy spike in him was wearing off. he found himself in the den, it being just as cold as the icy hall. he tugged a blanket from the large armchair near the door and crawled upon the couch.

he grabbed a pillow flush to his chest and burrowed his face in its fabric, although chilled by the wintry air that had somehow found itself inside, he began to find warmth in it by breathing puffs of air into it.

at last he pulled the long and thick blanket he chose from the pile over his body and burrowed close to the back the couch. this position was where he wanted to be. not in his bed. for reasons unknown it was just better here.

he didn't fall asleep, instead he just lay there, lost in his early morning thoughts.

jimin walked into the room a bit later, his sleepiness evident by merely his appearance. his eyes were droopy and his face was a bit down, he scratched at his hair and he just seemed overall ready to sleep again.

he had heard a few footsteps and he thought there was someone in the house, but after realized just what lay before him, he found himself a laugh without making a sound.

"oh boy..." jimin chuckled silently to himself. jungkook heard the voice and cracked open one of his eyes to look for the older. jimin didn't notice. "why'd you come out here?"

jimin sat down on the floor directly in front of jungkook's sleeping face. or well, jungkook could tell jimin thought he was asleep.

jungkook didn't answer him. he himself didn't know why he didn't just open up his eyes and respond to jimin, but he just continued to lay there quietly. it seemed he just wanted to listen as of now.

"oh well... what can you do? its jungkook," jimin murmured. his warm breath fanned at jungkook's cheek, sending small spasms of warmth into his skin but it quickly left him, slipping out into the air. "he's pretty cute though.."

jungkook thought what he heard next was an absolute hallucination. for his mind to play tricks on him like that only made him even more edgy when it came to the topic of jimin. nonetheless, jungkook's ears and the entirety of his face tinged red. he shifted sleepily to hide his head under the blanket, acting like it was an act done in his sleep instead of embarrassment.

"what am i saying?" jimin released a light chuckle to himself and stood up, "time to make some food again."

jungkook heard small patters of feet against floor get fainter and fainter until they seemed to be in his head. they were far away, and this let jungkook open up one eye to look around.

jimin was gone, but he heard him not too far away in the kitchen. jungkook wanted to get up and help him, show him that he would do anything to repay jimin for his kindness. but he knew jimin would tell him off about it and make him go back to his bed and sleep more.

jungkook didn't even know if his face had recovered from the previous red flush of his skin yet. so he stayed put, ears attentive to the soft hums of jimin from the kitchen and the cold air that swished around his ears.

he listened to the beating of his heart in his ears and the slow inhale and exhale of his breathing.

had his mind been tricking him? had his demons been so caught up in the moment that they decided to twist his view on reality up to the highest point where he doubted literally everything including what others said?

he clenched the soft blanket in his fists, completely fed up with how his mind was working. he wanted to change and the demons within him were trying to stop him from doing so.

but he wouldn't let them. he would take a blade of his own, sharpened just for the occasion, and dismember their foul heads from their even fouler bodies.

his fears wouldn't keep him from living his life. he wouldn't let them.

//hope you enjoyed !! ^^