twenty

the day jimin chose to drag jungkook to go buy those clothes was a nice one.

it wasn't sunny though. in fact the sky was patterned with swirls of gray and white, creating a cool mindset in the heads of those who went outside. wind blew at a mild speed past their bodies, whispering in their ears and running its fingers through silky hair. pushing tender kisses onto the skin of those who needed any type of reassurance, lingering with a chill before whisking away.

it was jungkook's favorite weather, and feeling the gentle touch of fluid air against his cheeks only made him crack a smile. he would have went out even if they weren't buying anything. missing a day of gray clouds and wind, the scent of fall and approaching winter, the numbing feel of cold in his fingertips as he plugged in headphones when walking across a bridge. missing any of this–was not an option.

even if they would be in a store, merely listening to the wind's calling was enough for him.

the moment they started to cross the parking lot, jimin noticed how jungkook's spirits lifted. the wind picked up and he seemed to smile with a radiance that jimin would had never felt from him. something about this season brought out the best in the other. it enlightened him too actually, not nearly at much as jungkook however, but it did nevertheless. the fact that jungkook was joyful and content in some way also gave him a happiness to feel.

they entered the store, jimin snatching a cart to follow jungkook around with. the older tailed after the other as he looked around. he would shift his eyes through a section of clothes and move on. jimin just hoped he would find what he liked instead of worrying about anything else.

they entered an area and jungkook began to move through racks and grab articles of clothes to look at.

"make sure to limit yourself jungkook. i cant pay for a mountain of clothes, just so you know," jimin spoke up. after hearing him, jungkook scoffed and looked up from the racks of endless clothes.

"sure hyung, but what if we share some? then could we get a bit more?" jungkook asked.

jimin looked down, his ears went hot and he bit his cheek. sharing clothes? with jungkook? the act itself wasn't unusual because they already did it, but the thought set him racing on the inside. he smiled a bit, he'd enjoy it either way.

"sure."

jungkook bounced on his feet past the cart and hugged jimin tightly, a gleeful smile on his face.

"thank you!" he said. jimin thought his smile was the most breathtaking thing he had ever seen. especially when it was an unbelievably happy smile.

jimin smiled down at the boy who had his arms wrapped tightly around his chest. "no problem." jungkook stepped away from him and looked at him, smile a little less ecstatic than before.

"no really hyung, thank you. for letting me room with you and taking care of me.. now you're even buying me clothes. i really do appreciate it." jungkook glanced down. his smile was still evident enough for his teeth to peek out just barely from under his top lip.

jimin reached out and set a hand on the youngest forearm and drew a step closer to him, looking him gently in the eye with a laugh. as always, jungkook had the humility of one in completely debt to the world. even if that were not the case, he hoped jungkook had realized by now that jimin was not, in fact, the pushy guy that he had been so steadfast in thinking at the start of their relationship.

"and i have no problem with it jungkook-ah. i know you could use some new clothes and i just thought why not treat you for something? i just hope you take care of them since we'll both be sharing them..?"

jungkook let out a nervous laugh, glancing away from his gaze and nodded, "yeah i will hyung. don't worry about that."

"good. now get some more and then we'll head off to the changing room, alrighty?" jungkook turned around just in time to hide his blush from jimin's view. really his word choice was reckless to keep up with. one moment he would be normal then say something else. what was up with that?

he looked across the clothes rack once more and spotted a pair of ripped jeans. his hand had left his side before he could think another thought and had grabbed the hanger with such force a loud clank was heard from the bar he hit on accident.

he threw them backwards into the cart and snatched at a few more of the nice things there were to offer. grabbing another see-through shirt, he turned back to face jimin. "now let's go!"

jimin nodded and they moved. however, jungkook quickly giggled and rushed past jimin, "thanks again jimin!"

as jimin rushed to catch up to jungkook who was rushing ahead of him to the changing rooms, the words left his mouth.

"anything for a friend!"

and the moment his mouth closed an unsettling feeling pierced his stomach making him wince. it felt wrong almost.

jungkook, having heard him, stopped in his place at the door of a changing room. those words made him feel some agonizing sensation in the pit of his being.

and it almost hurt.

//jfc there's so much to DO