thirty four

the two of them sat in the restaurant, food arriving to their table and presenting itself to them. they quickly set to dig in, devouring their platters in swift motions with chopsticks and sometimes a knife and fork.

by the time they finished, jimin and jungkook had somehow conversed between bites, and shared a few laughs. it hadn't been a full out conversation full of interaction though. this being because both of them were really hungry and really loved food.

so they had gotten silent near certain points in time, but that vanished into thin air when one or the other would mention something that sparked more talking between the two.

neither of them took notice of the sparse amount of people around, but it wasn't like it mattered particularly. it just meant they didn't have to worry about embarrassing themselves as much or if someone would give them a weird stare.

when the time came to leave, their plates had been swept clean of food and settled into the stomachs of them both, igniting a gentle flame of satisfaction and warmth deep down inside them.

it seemed food really did do wonders when you needed it.

once done eating, they gathered themselves and decided to head out. this included paying the waiter and leaving what would add up to a pretty generous tip which left the waiter bouncing happily to the employees only room.

jimin left with a smile on his face after witnessing the now jubilant waiter prance away with joy in his step. jungkook walked beside him, spirits lifted from the good atmosphere.

when they got outside, standing off to the side of busy sidewalks, the two looked around.

"what do you want to do now?" jimin looked across the street to the parking lot where the car waited for them. they had two options; leave in the car and go somewhere else, or walk on down the sidewalks and enjoy the perfectly chilled weather around them. "leave or walk around?"

jungkook shrugged and scanned his surroundings, "i don't really–" he stopped. jimin looked quizzically at him, having heard the sound of his pause.

jungkook's once calm and radiant eyes that had shone warmth and happiness were now wide and frozen in one place, locked on something all the way across the street. he looked afraid.

"what?" jimin asked. "what is it kookie?" jungkook raised a shaky hand and pointed.

"it's them," jungkook whispered weakly. he slunk behind jimin and tried to make himself seem as small as possible behind his hyungs low stature. he just hoped they hadn't seen him, because if they did it was over for him and maybe jimin too.

"who?" jimin questioned once more. he was plenty confused, anyone could see that he literally had no idea of what jungkook was trying to tell him.

"the ones who hurt me!" jungkook raised his voice from behind the older. his face was pushed into jimin's back and the older could feel him trembling so hard his breathing wavered as well. then it dawned on him.

he followed jungkook's fearful path of sight to come across the street and spotted the three guys he ran into yesterday. they were smoking, sitting against a bike rail and looking like the perfect shady men in a movie.

but a thought occurred to jimin. these men looked oddly familiar, and not in a familiar friendly way but more of a tingling sense of caution. then it hit him. when he'd been searching for jungkook in the relentless pouring rain a day back, he saw these people. the ones he bumped into not a moment before he stumbled upon jungkook's broken body and mind. it made a sense of animalistic agitation rise in his chest, the urge to fight kicking in.

adrenaline, you could call it. it spurred the fury he felt when he found jungkook, and it spurred the fury he felt now that edged him closer to the pool of murder that grew deeper, and deeper. he almost felt obligated to dive into it. why couldn't he after all?

jimin's anger tipped over unconsciously just then and in the next moment he felt himself march across the street and through light traffic, making few cars screech to hard stops and honk an insane amount of sounds at him. jimin looked like he could kill a man, and it was possible he was just about to do just that.

"you motherfuckers!" jimin yelled furiously.

jungkook had scrambled after his hyung with wide eyes and was slightly embarrassed that he was disrupting traffic for these guys across the street. but he knew that embarrassment was almost nonexistent compared to the amount of rage jimin seemed to be feeling now.

the three men barely got to look at jimin before he shoved the bike rack down, knocking them to the cold hard concrete of the sidewalk beneath them. jimin didn't stop there to talk however.

he rounded the fallen rack and began to kick them all furiously, screaming curses and condemning them to absolute annilation for hurting his dongsaeng. his precious jungkookie.

how dare they insult him. how dare they look at him with such taunting eyes. how dare they lay a hand on him. how dare they make him feel like shit for accomplishing something he never had before. it infuriated jimin that such human beings could even exist on this planet. no empathy having bastards that bring harm to this world deserved death, plain and simple.

jungkook stop behind him, tears streaming down his face as he pleaded for jimin to stop and calm down. but jimin was oblivious and couldn't hear his cries. he was consumed in his rage, consumed in a quest for bloodshed and revenge. and with that, he needed to teach them a lesson of humiliation.

a few people had gathered off to the side as well, watching him beat these three men senseless with mortified expressions. if only they knew why.

these bystanders didn't stop jimin's anger though, it only continued on. curses and screams and yells of a grown man who just couldn't stand the idea of those who hurt his precious little kookie getting off the hook so damn easily.

he wanted them punished rightfully for what they did. whether he was to do it himself or someone else, this rage wasn't going anywhere unless he got rid of it now.

but suddenly, a loud, alarmed, and clear voice rang above all the screams from jimin and whispers of terror from the people around him.

"what the hell is going on here?"

//i got 4 hours of sleep last night and i genuinely can barely keep my eyes open