thirty

jungkook was the first to wake up, eyes snapping open in an instant only to be shut back down again. from the moment he felt himself gain his bearings, he knew whatever amount of sleep he had already gotten wasn't going to be enough for him. he was unbelievably tired, sore all over, and his body hurt as well. his heart was heavy too.

although, it had been patched slightly. with jimin's confession and the care and comfort that followed it made jungkook feel some way he had never experienced before or felt. he had no idea what to call it either. it was like a strong sense of friendship or care, a feeling of comfort and stability too.

he also knew there was only one other possible word that would fit this description, but that couldn't be it at all no matter how much he could think about it, right?

jungkook's mind flashed back to jimin's words, and when he actually said them as well as that they were true. and the younger really wanted to believe it, he really did, but he didn't deserve to. he thought he shouldn't even consider it because he felt undeserving too. he had yet to give back to the world or those that had helped him in the past.

but... maybe he could be a bit greedy this time. maybe he could be selfish for once, and just have it anyways? it was his right to, kinda. he was a human being and having some sort of quantity, some sort of love was essential to the human growth. so he should have it. it was his right, yes. or was it?

jungkook peered up from his burrow against jimin's chest, and stared up at the older male's still face that held no specific expression besides peace. the thought of knowing he may just be eligible for such a thing as love made him want to cry even more. the tears of gratitude and thanks or sadness and pain just never failed to make their claim with him did they?

jimin was just too nice. he had helped him when no one else would, he became his friend when no one else would, he had tried to be close to him, and now he had saved his life. the list would only go on and on it seemed.

jungkook hid his face in the broad chest of the other once again, sniffling quietly as he snuggled closer to him.

he was just glad jimin didn't see him as weak and foolish like everyone else. instead of assisting in the building of jungkook's large walls, jimin had tried to demolish them to reveal what was inside.

he pushed through the act of an annoying brat who was defensive purely because he wanted to be, and had become close. just like how his other friends namjoon, yoongi, jin, taehyung, and hoseok had.

it was a miracle to have met him.

"kookie," jimin mumbled down to him. jungkook looked back up at him and he saw jimin staring down at him. "don't cry anymore okay?"

with a shy puff of air jungkook hid away against jimin again. "im not," he spoke. his reply muffled by the covers surrounding him.

jimin sighed, knowing jungkook had been almost about to do if he hadn't said anything. he reached up and gently caressed jungkook's hair. it was soft.

"what do you say we get you to a hospital today?" jimin murmured close to his ear. his breath fanned out against his ear and caused jungkook to shiver. sometimes the things jimin did affected jungkook it ways that were unknown to the older male.

it was amusing in a way to know that he didn't know how good he was at playing around and being mischief, but then again it was also something fun to mess with. or well, it had been before yesterday.

now, play fighting with jimin wasn't on his bucket list for today. maybe it was to first take care of his wounds, and take care of himself as a being. because in all honesty he could use some time to recover from everything that had happened to him ever.

so jungkook reached around jimin and hugged him tightly, needing some clarity between his fingers that jimin was there with him and going to help him through the long ride that was approaching.

and he nodded to him.

//i love how my teachers decide to actually kill me with stress