thirty six

jungkook stared in a daze at the wall in front of him, eyes the epitome of hollow stones that only flashed with flickers of anxiousness and alarm every few moments. he had waited for this. he had waited so long, so so long for this moment. and now that it was finally happening, he could feel his heart beating in his throat every time he heard the door swing open.

"mr. jeon jungkook, it's is now time," the door whooshed wide and a person spoke loud and clear into the waiting room.

the male practically leapt from his seat and rushed forward after hearing his name. he followed the man down a hall and through yet another door into the visiting room. his eyes tossed quick glances around, searching for the reason of his coming, and he blinked when he wasn't met with what it was he'd come for.

"i'll leave you to it. someone will come fetch you when needed," the man told him. jungkook smiled slightly and nodded to him, hoping to vaguely hint that he wasn't going to reply. thankfully the man left swiftly though not really acknowledging his gesture. but he couldn't blame the other, it was his job to rush around in such a way.

jungkook looked around once more. he didn't see anybody in the seated area so he turned to the opposite side of the blank room to the long line of phones. sure enough, his eyes spotted just who it was he had been looking for ever since stepping foot into the room.

there he was; jimin. standing on the other side of the glass pane with a weary smile on his face. the moment jungkook met his eyes, jimin's face lit up with an even more ecstatic grin than ever before.

"jungkook?" his tone was fairly loud, and jungkook heard him through the pane.

jungkook scrambling to one of the small desks and took a seat, eyes shot wide like they had been that day. he leaned across the desk and pressed his hands against the window separating them both.

the younger's anxiety was through the roof. his longing to hug jimin had skyrocketed to levels he hadn't felt in forever, and his want to touch him had grown as well. he could burst into tears at any moment now, but he pushed them down for the moment.

"jimin!" he cried out. the name clearly registered with the other because he leaned close to the window as well, eyes just as starry with emotions like jungkook's.

jimin had been charged with abuse of a fellow citizen and sentenced to a little over six months in prison. even when in court with the evidence to prove it had been in jungkook's defense, the original sentence of twelve months was only shortened.

jimin could also see that in the jury's eyes, he pitied jungkook who had been sobbing his eyes out from the moment they brought up jimin's prison time. the judge even seemed to think about throwing jungkook's bullies in jail as well, but the lawyer of theirs seemed to have a pretty good hold on money and had obviously bribed him.

it was unfortunate, but jimin sat in that chair the entire court time with his head down and lip gnawed to the point of drawing blood. listening to jungkook's cries had been ultimately the most painful thing he'd ever endured on his own. he had to eventually call out to him, his own eyes ready to slip a few tears.

the reaction to his sentence had been bad too, but jimin hadn't seen it. he closed his eyes the moment he heard the hammer hit the wood tablet and covered his ears. but he still heard jungkook crying outside the court room.

it hadn't scarred him, but it scarred his heart. it made him incredibly solemn when he thought about the sounds of sorrow. those sobs of his weren't something he wanted to hear ever again.