thirty five

before jungkook could properly turn around and comprehend who it was that had just burst his eardrums, a police car had driven up and parked, and a large man had appeared out of the corner of his eye.

and before he knew it, jimin was strangled down onto the hood of the police car and his wrists were cuffed together. jungkook felt the pit of his stomach drop to his knees and he stumbled forward.

"wait a second!" he cried. "let him go!" his cries grew into screams, and his screams grew into frantic shrieks that jungkook couldn't seem to get a hold of. people all around turned their heads, staring down the scene of jungkook screaming in a panic-driven state as he scrambled towards the officer with jimin.

the large policeman jerked jimin to his feet and backwards, nearly making him trip on the curb because he wasn't being patient or sympathetic with him in the slightest. he didn't pay jungkook any mind either. instead the officer proceeded to drag jimin to the car, ignoring his quiet pleas as well.

"wait!" jungkook screamed, "he was just protecting me! it's my fault! not his! wait, please!" jungkook pulled the officer backward and tried to get his attention. he also was trying to stop him from forcing jimin away from him as well, because from the looks of it, jimin was just as scared as he was.

the man shouldered jungkook to the side, causing him to stumble to the ground. his inability to balance on his own two feet was all due to the injured limbs he had on his body. they were injuries that ruined his footing, and kept him from standing on his own two feet with clarity.

the whole time since leaving the hospital he had been holding on to jimin's bicep with the remainder of his arm curled around him as support. it obviously wasn't meant to be anything romantic, because jimin was giving jungkook time after all to think about his confession, but it almost ended up that way anyways.

"please.." jungkook cried.

jimin was shoved headfirst into the back of the police car then the officer resurfaced after slamming the door to a close.

"sorry kid, we have no proof that that is true and your friend here was obviously harming these other three men to an extent of abuse." the officer stated. his explanation only made jungkook's eyes sting with tears. "so he is officially under arrest for violence."

jungkook's orbs widened to twice their size and he struggled to stand up.

"please no!" he tried to push past the officer and tug open the car door but he was held back from doing so. the police man had a firm grip on his shirt and was preventing him from helping jimin out of the vehicle. he was then tossed backwards and he scrambled to regain his balance, not wanting to crash back into the concrete under them. jungkook raised his head and whimpered when he saw the large man inching towards the car. he couldn't take him away.

"you have our apologies, but we have to," the officer rounded his car and ducked inside. the engine rumbled to life after a moment, and jungkook's gaze flicked to the window jimin was behind.

"jungkookie!" jimin yelled from inside. jimin's own face was scratched over with the expression of alarm and fear. he even wriggled at the window as if he wanted to open the door, but the position of his arms kept him from being able to.

"jiminie!" jungkook cried. inside the car jimin wiggled around, banging what presumably was his knee against the car door. when his efforts were proving to be absolutely useless, he looked back up.

from his position in the car, jungkook looked helpless. his large mocha eyes glazed with tears, and his face shiny with the trails they left along his cheeks. posture crumpled to a slouch and his knees wavering like he was about to land straight on the ground.

it was a state jimin was mortified to see the other in, and he wanted to leap from the car and curl jungkook into his chest. soothe him with soft words, gentle touches, and the calm sound of his voice. the scene of jungkooks supposed terror clamped at jimins heart and he winched under it.

was this how it felt to be ripped away from someone you love? even if you were protecting them? was this how it felt to be taken away from what you considered your home?

jimin was jolted from his mind when the car started moving, gliding over the street like water in a sea. he sat straight up in his seat and looked to the front. they were driving away.

a hitch of his throat made him jerk his head back to the window, resulting in the sudden pain of whiplash. but he didn't care about the pain of his neck. he cared about the fragile and broken boy getting smaller and smaller outside the window and his wellbeing. the more faint the other got, the sicker jimin felt at the continuous image in his head of jungkook's terrorized face the moment he was stripped away from him.

it was something he already couldn't live with, knowing it was his fault for this even happening. then technically it would be his fault for jungkooks fear as well. but that was preposterous right? the bastards he had been kicking at were the ones responsible.

jimin touched his forehead to the window. the cold glass pushed a chill into his skin that ghosted down his spine and across his arms. he only felt the smallest bit of satisfaction slip into his heart, but not any more than that.

instead of them being manhandled into this car it was him. they weren't the ones being taken away for their actions, he was. it was unfair to him. unfair to jungkook, and unfair in the eyes of justice.

but what could he do?

jimin grit his teeth together and closed his eyes.

he could regret. that's what he could do. he could wallow in this sorrow and regret of leaving jungkook alone in such a way.

he could regret not being the one that would protect him from anyone and anything, including the loneliness you felt when no one was with you anymore. so that's what he would do. and it made his heart tear at the edge, knowing that whatever jungkook was feeling now, he couldn't fix.

//im hella overwhelmed w life atm

second to last chapter :>