twelve

it was the next day. and the moment jungkook awoke from his sleep, the memories of yesterday came back to him, hitting him like a flick to the forehead.

he had ended up staying at jimin's house for the night. jimin had insisted because of his injuries that he should stay and heal up properly so he didn't risk making them worse. then, the next day he could leave as soon as he wanted because it seemed so unbearable to be there for him.

jungkook had tried to tell him it wasn't needed, and that he could just walk back his place, leaving jimin alone for the day. he genuinely didn't want to be a burden or have to repay him in the slightest. but it was no use to the older male, he had his mind made up.

jimin took it so far that he gave up his own bed and fell on the couch for the night. if he was being honest, jungkook was grateful for his kindness. his own bed was nowhere near as comfortable and his apartment wasn't anywhere near as luxurious and clean. for him, it was a nice environment to be in. a sweet change for his soul. and it would be a nice one to live in too but, he didn't meet the requirements for it.

money made the world go round after all.

jungkook rolled onto his back and stretched, arms reaching high and feet flexing as he did so. breathing deeply as well, he was suddenly aware of a smell drifting through the condo.

buttered toast... eggs. he smelt food.

the smell brought jungkook from his slumber and made him stand up, rubbing his eyes free of drowsiness. he followed the scent down the hallway, and stepped into the kitchen.

there stood jimin doing exactly what he had thought. cooking breakfast.

not a moment later and jimin turned around what you could call, sensing someone else behind him.

"oh, good morning," jimin greeted him.

"good morning.." jungkook answered him lowly, his voice still recovering from his previous sleeping spell. "how long have you been up?" he reached up and ruffled his hair, feeling at how messy it was and he was momentarily embarrassed. looking like a mess and jimin was up working hard? how dare he? as a guest? his mind played a mental battle with himself, but he ultimately had to remember that he was forced into this. he could leave if he wanted to now that it was morning.

but that would be rude. so damningly rude to the hospitality jimin was showing, even if he felt like a burden. not to mention, as he hated to admit it, he did kind of want to eat.

jimin turned back around, glancing in jungkook's direction as he did so. he shrugged, "i don't know... maybe a few hours."

jungkook took note of the table set for two, extra shiny countertops and sizzling food that he had smelt when he woke up. jimin definitely had been up and about for an hour or two, that jungkook could tell. cleaning and cooking supposedly for him. that same moment jungkook had that thought, he internally scolded himself with a slight shake of his head.

he was foolish to think that jimin would go as far to cook and clean for him in his own home. it must be a daily thing for him to make breakfast for himself.

jungkook silently slid into one of the chairs, staring with a solid gaze at the empty place on the table where a plate of vitals would be. he was jumping too far ahead... jimin was just helping him. that was it.

"how are your wounds?" jimin spoke suddenly, jolting jungkook from his parade of negativity that floated adrift in his messy mind. jimin tugged a slice of toast from his toaster with a pair of metal tongs, which were already a bit charred from previous encounters with extreme heat, and set the piece onto a clean marble plate.

the latter only shrugged, his eyes focused with a keen interest on the plate of toast in his hands. jimin moved over to the table and pointed at jungkook with the burning tongs

"look, tell me the truth. then ill give the toast to you. how are your wounds?"

jungkook drew back. his lips formed a pout, and to jimin, it was what you'd call adorable. this once feisty and defensive guy who was just yesterday refusing to go inside with him, was now pouting because he wouldn't get toast. turns out time does change people.

"they feel better."

"good," jimin's lips curled up into a warm smile. and as promised, he carefully slid the plate of toast down to the table. jungkook seemed to cheer up for a moment, realizing now he could get some food. he reached out and grabbed piece of the toast, chewing off a bite happily.

he relished in the goodness that filled his mouth and the warmth that coursed through his veins after taking that bite. it was a nice feeling. eating good food again. it had been awhile after all.

"you look like you're enjoying that toast." jimin pointed out. jungkook looked from his toast up to jimin, and smiled. he was a bit fed up of pretending to not care, especially while he was eating pretty savory toast, so he just let his happiness flow freely.

"it's good." jungkook told him, smiling a bit at him to show just how much he enjoyed it. jimin's mouth threatened to drop. the smile that suddenly jumped from hiding and onto jungkook's face seemed to be nothing short of a blessing. it seemed to radiant joy and ooze the positive essence of life for everyone to receive and entwine in their once cold hearts. by now, jimin's jaw had dropped wide open. he was a little awestruck. or no, he was absolutely awestruck.

his smile seemed too precious for this world. and because of that, it made his stomach flutter out of his control.

jimin chuckled and went to his seat to start eating as well. and they ate in silence together. however, jimin watched jungkook, taking glimpses in his direction while they took bites out of their meals. he just couldn't help himself really. jungkook was interesting.

ever since the casino he had been a little alluring, like he was a magnet and meaning to attract those around him. except he had attracted just jimin. it was a little ironic to him, but then again it also wasn't. jungkook just seemed like... he needed something. or somebody and jimin almost wanted to...

he choked on his food at that idea, coughing quietly so he wouldn't make jungkook say anything. what was he even thinking now?

jimin stood up and cleared his throat. he stepped over to the sink and step his empty dish in the metal tub. at the sound of attention, jungkook looked up questioningly.

"hm?" he hummed. the younger looked obviously a bit confused, almost like he was about to be told some type of news that would make him even more perplexed about his situation.

"what about university,  jungkook-ah?"

//a bit boring??
idk it was rushed idkdkdk