twenty seven

jimin beat his fingers on the table to his front, using the opposite hand to grasp his phone with such a grip that his knuckles had gone white. he reread the one text he received from jungkook over an hour ago, over and over. the words were now practically imprinted into his vision.

jungkookie: hey hyung i wanted to let you know you don't have to come get me today. one of my favorite seniors is walking me home and i haven't seen her in a long time, so we were going to catch up on things. ill be home quick-so dont worry! see you when i get there! :3

that had been an hour and a half ago, with the minutes only ticking by faster with each second. jimin was doing just what he wasn't supposed to though, worry. jungkook would have usually been back by now, and he wasn't, so it was only natural of course.

his eyes diverted to the window, rain droplets dotting the glass pane like tiny eyes that almost prevented him from seeing outside. he stared down the street, half expecting jungkook to appear 'round the corner and start on his path to the condo like he did everyday. always in plain sight for jimin to see him. but he didn't. there was only a wet, cold street that looked ridiculously empty without jungkook and his personality to prance down it, always excited to be home.

jimin glanced back at his phone's screen, hoping that maybe jungkook's name would appear to notify him he had sent another text or was calling him to tell him why he was so late. maybe he was held up by a crowd of passing people, or a line, or something that didn't involve the dark scenarios lurking at the back of jimin's consciousness.

"where are you jungkookie?" he whispered to himself. the words didn't console him in the slightest.

jimin nervously bit on his lip, now bouncing his knee like he was about to leap into action, yet he didn't. the more he ignored bad thoughts the more his nerves spiked upwards, close to hitting the ceiling and exploding.

with a quick flash of his eyes he scanned the street one more time for the younger, but was only hit in the heart with an invisible force when he saw no sign of him.

jimin raised the brim of his hot coffee to his lips and proceeded to take a small sip. the silence was racketing his brain for answers he didn't have and the patter of droplets outside, the one sound that he usually enjoyed, was starting to hasten his state of anxiety. there was no point of being at peace when someone was clearly missing. jimin set the mug down with shaky hands. he was going to get hysterical if he didn't do something, and he could feel it bubbling under his surface like lava in a volcano.

jungkook's classes usually ended by 4:30, and it took him about 30 minutes to walk home whenever he did. but because jimin had gotten into a habit of picking him up, he had stopped for a considerable amount of time. but jungkook wouldn't get lost, he had a really good memory so there was no point accepting that theory.

a sharp clap of thunder snapped jimin from his intense thinking and he looked outside again. it was raining harder now, hard enough for jimin to tell that if anyone was out there the rain would actually hurt them.

now that his nerves had officially flown off a cliff and to another different world, jimin dialed a number into his phone and raised it to his ear. he was tapped his finger on the table once again.

"hello?" the receiver of the call answered him after a ring or two.

"hey jin-hyung it's jimin," he started. "is jungkook over at your place?" jimin knew this question might just be pointless but he couldn't just sit here at the moment.

"no.." the other responded. "why? and what's with the sudden call?"

"he's just... jungkook isn't home yet."

"wait what? it's been over an hour since university classes ended! and it's even pouring rain outside!"

"i know." jimin nodded to himself. "that's why im worried."

jimin listened to jin sigh long and loud through the phone. "well i don't know what to do."

jimin suddenly stood up and looked to the streets again. "im gonna go look for him. i cant take this anymore."

"wait jimin–" but jin was cut off. jimin had hung up on the other and started to go for his large hoodie. he slipped it over his body and pulled up the hood. despite this pouring rain he'd go anywhere to find jungkook if it meant he was ok.

the male slipped his phone into his pocket and left the building, standing out on the porch of the apartment condo. when he looked out over the streets, there was still no jungkook on the streets heading in his direction.

jungkook was somewhere out there and he would find him, no matter what he would bring him back home where he was safe, and into his arms for a hug. he would get jungkook to be a normal person and relax, as well as learn to trust him and others.

jimin stepped down the steps of the building and paced onto the soaked sidewalk that had darkened with water. the sharp fury of rain hit him full blast and almost made him crouch low to the ground. the force of the wind and rain together almost seemed like something you couldn't fight. but jimin somehow managed to say standing straight and kept his bearings together. his phone might not survive after this, but that was the least of his worries. if anything he didn't care about the phone.

right it was jungkook, and only jungkook. he needed to find him soon that was a fact and he would.

he absolutely would.

//sorry ive been so MIA :') i had rehearsals and shows out the wazoo these last two weeks and they've had me incredibly busy,,, but now they're over and while that's sad, i have my time back! WOO- but i miss the stage.